YEA suspends operations of Cadets 2 and Lays off 9 Employees

19 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Hopefully there will be some info about this discussed at the Cadet alumni holiday party this weekend. I think right now they are floating a trial balloon to get a feel on the interest in fielding such a one-and-done group.

One-and-done is the way to go.  If you keep going, the egos get way out of control.  That’s what happened at Royal-Airs.  The first year was great.   The second year, not that great.  I was done after year two.

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

That early Park City Pride corps... first time I saw them was at the springtime Harrisburg concert.

We had seats way up in the third level of the Forum that night... and PCP's horn line sounded like it was five feet in front of us. :tongue: To date, that is the loudest alumni-corps horn line, and easily one of the loudest lines at any level, that I have ever heard.  Talk about bringing the heat. Wow.

We were in the hallway taking a stretch break and sounded like we were back inside. Got to enjoy their shows more we saw them but that year they could have not turned the volume to 11.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

We were in the hallway taking a stretch break and sounded like we were back inside. Got to enjoy their shows more we saw them but that year they could have not turned the volume to 11.

With them that night, it might have been 11 on a scale of 1 to 5.  LOL

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I said it elsewhere, and i'll say it again...while it sucks to see c2 down, even if only for a time, the end all be all for all things YEA has been the Holy Name Garfield Cadets of Bergen County Sponsored by YEA from Allentown PA. In their current state, if it's not helping them, such as USBands, or keeping going to keep community ties and financial benefits like Xcape, it had to go. CWG and CWP were less about finances and more about personnel and other issues including perceived lack of success ( aka the guard). 

Bookends of the 2014 Copland snare line were both C2 alum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

With them that night, it might have been 11 on a scale of 1 to 5.  LOL

Lol now I remember there were two security guards in the hallway near us and we heard...

"Holy #### they're even loud out here".

There was good music in there but the volume just overloaded the ears.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

One-and-done is the way to go.  If you keep going, the egos get way out of control.  That’s what happened at Royal-Airs.  The first year was great.   The second year, not that great.  I was done after year two.

St. Joes, Park City, Sky and Cabs are the only alumni corps that manage to run for years and years without those issues

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

St. Joes, Park City, Sky and Cabs are the only alumni corps that manage to run for years and years without those issues

Even those corps have had a few. Not enough to derail them.

Park City's now gone... but I'm guessing that might have been a case of "it's run its course... time to move on."

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Hanover has gone pretty good from what I’ve seen 2004-2012. Right after I left there was a change in business manager (RIP Tom K) but from emails I get and vids I see they are still strong and getting ready for the century celebration in 2020.