YEA suspends operations of Cadets 2 and Lays off 9 Employees

18 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

To do it at the level of groups like 27th, SCV etc etc. I also think it needs some time. if it's to park and blow in golf shirts that's another story. I'm hoping it's more than park and blow and more in the line of those others.

PCP wasn't 100% park and bark, either. Certainly not as mobile as, say, the 27th alumni one-off, though.

Maybe it’s time to rename YEA to say The Cadets performing arts or something like that and have The Cadets brand as the major name focused. YEA is the name GH came up with as part of his larger plan for multiple groups he wanted under his umbrella. That’s my 2 cents.!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

PCP wasn't 100% park and bark, either. Certainly not as mobile as, say, the 27th alumni one-off, though.

Again IF the intent is to field and Alumni presentation and not an alumni corps the two can be quite different and for me, I do hope it's the 27th/ SCV thing. PCP is fun and certainly entertains but if Cadets are attempting to do they type of presentation as the ones I mentioned then that's quite a different thing ( which they kinda tried ) .  Emails on the subject aren't clear and I believe will make a difference in participation. 

Edited by GUARDLING

33 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Remember, the oldest 27th Lancer alum in 1994 was probably 47. The people I knew who participated in once more in 94 were in their 30’s which I believe was the age bracket of the majority. For Cadets, alums are as young as 22, but could also be folks who would have their 100th birthday announced by Willard Scott if he was still on TV. My guess would be age and ability will be huge factors. 

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

To do it at the level of groups like 27th, SCV etc etc. I also think it needs some time. if it's to park and blow in golf shirts that's another story. I'm hoping it's more than park and blow and more in the line of those others.

Given the huge reaction to drum majors in maroon and gold cadet style uniforms at Indy, and knowing what some thought of more recent uniforms, I can’t imagine they would simply wear golf shirts, even maroon ones.

27 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Given the huge reaction to drum majors in maroon and gold cadet style uniforms at Indy, and knowing what some thought of more recent uniforms, I can’t imagine they would simply wear golf shirts, even maroon ones.

they did before ( 2009 )BUT also depends what they choose to field I think would decide this. As I said with the history I would love to see the 27/scv thing in many ways. In the e mails, I haven't seen IF they may do a DCI thing. This also can have an impact on who and what is done I think.

Time can also be a factor. With issues hopefully behind them, this can also bring a resurge in many ways.

As far as recent uniforms, There was plenty of chatter on almost every corps this past summer.🤐 Even those expressed the winner of the worst, and it wasn't Cadets..lol

Edited by GUARDLING

21 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

they did before ( 2009 )BUT also depends what they choose to field I think would decide this. As I said with the history I would love to see the 27/scv thing in many ways. In the e mails, I haven't seen IF they may do a DCI thing. This also can have an impact of who and what is done I think.

Time can also be a factor. With issues hopefully behind them, this can also bring a resurge in many ways.

That group... the Holy Name Alumni... was a bit of a different animal, though. That group also did other performances in other years.

This current one that is being formed... seems it's going to be on a grander scale.. or at least will try to be...LOL...  and a true one-off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fran Haring said:

That group... the Holy Name Alumni... was a bit of a different animal, though. That group also did other performances in other years.

This current one that is being formed... seems it's going to be on a grander scale.. or at least will try to be...LOL...  and a true one-off.

Yes you're right ........and I hope you're right😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grenadasmoothie said:

It can certainly be done. I joined the first season of Park City Pride at the first rehearsal in, IIRC, November (?), and they were certainly a "successful" alumni corps, even for their first performance the following June. In fact, for much of their existence, I'd even say they were probably the second-most-popular alumni corps among those who dig that sort of stuff.

That early Park City Pride corps... first time I saw them was at the springtime Harrisburg concert.

We had seats way up in the third level of the Forum that night... and PCP's horn line sounded like it was five feet in front of us. :tongue: To date, that is the loudest alumni-corps horn line, and easily one of the loudest lines at any level, that I have ever heard.  Talk about bringing the heat. Wow.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

they did before ( 2009 )BUT also depends what they choose to field I think would decide this. As I said with the history I would love to see the 27/scv thing in many ways. In the e mails, I haven't seen IF they may do a DCI thing. This also can have an impact on who and what is done I think.

Hopefully there will be some info about this discussed at the Cadet alumni holiday party this weekend. I think right now they are floating a trial balloon to get a feel on the interest in fielding such a one-and-done group.

• Like 2