YEA suspends operations of Cadets 2 and Lays off 9 Employees

8 minutes ago, pbeau said:

BAC Senior still going strong after 26 years. For obvious reasons they will skip the "27th" and go straight to 28! 

my senior year in HS, a Boston Alum did our drill...Rick Adams. When counting sets, he'd skip 27, and while I knew him from Westshore, I didn't know he was Boston Alum. So I asked him why he skipped 27, and he told me.

So every day for the next week, Id pull into rehearsals blasting 27th tapes in my car just to get him fired up LOL

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

my senior year in HS, a Boston Alum did our drill...Rick Adams. When counting sets, he'd skip 27, and while I knew him from Westshore, I didn't know he was Boston Alum. So I asked him why he skipped 27, and he told me.

So every day for the next week, Id pull into rehearsals blasting 27th tapes in my car just to get him fired up LOL

Rick played lead bari with Dave Fisher at Hanover for a few years. Could always get those two cranked up telling Westshore “war stories”. Other lead was a Pittsburgh Rocket alumni so great bus stories.

51 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

St. Joes, Park City, Sky and Cabs are the only alumni corps that manage to run for years and years without those issues

Boston Crusaders Sr's still going strong too. This picture was taken earlier this month at a parade in Plymouth Ma.

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, crowd and outdoor

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Boston Crusaders Sr's still going strong too. This picture was taken earlier this month at a parade in Plymouth Ma.

Man... if you look up the term "Boston Crusaders" in the dictionary, there should be a picture of BAC Senior's DM Jack LaSelva. LOL.

He is "Boston" from head to toe!!!  Great leader and personality... and what a presence in front of that corps.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

didnt think it was that long for the, good to hear!

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Oh yeah, marched with Rick in '84 with Jim. Great to get all of us fired up and ready to do what we needed to do and also put smiles on our faces.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2018 at 11:43 AM, Fran Haring said:

Programs I could "get" without needing a doctorate in something.

This! I'm so tired of this in today's DCI. It's so basic and pretentious. I don't even bother with DCI corps. What I can't figure out for myself, I can't figure out for myself. I have more important things to read than a diseration on why a girl is walking around the whole show under an umbrella. Singling out BS here, but this applies to any corps. Or, most of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Hanover has gone pretty good from what I’ve seen 2004-2012. Right after I left there was a change in business manager (RIP Tom K) but from emails I get and vids I see they are still strong and getting ready for the century celebration in 2020.

Jim, as we've talked about before... that is a unique group. Kind of a hybrid... not what I would call a traditional "alumni corps."

I think their bit of a different approach might help them move forward, as other more traditional alumni groups go by the wayside.

• Like 1

Back closer to the thread topic here...

I don't know if this has been discussed, but I wonder where the members who planned on marching C2 in 2019 will now end up... if anywhere.  Cadets?  DCI Open Class corps? Other DCA corps?

Not trying to open up a separate can of worms here... just wondering.

18 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Jim, as we've talked about before... that is a unique group. Kind of a hybrid... not what I would call a traditional "alumni corps."

I think their bit of a different approach might help them move forward, as other more traditional alumni groups go by the wayside.

Can’t argue with you there. And like we’ve said before, not having a real “identity” in music or style helps.