YEA suspends operations of Cadets 2 and Lays off 9 Employees

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

shame is it never says if C2 could come back down the road.

I think they say "suspended" which I hope means they could come back in the future. But that will depend on what assist they liquidate as well. Hope they do keep the door open for a return.

I understand the financial reasoning for this decision, but it's still a shame. Cadets2 was my favorite DCA corps last year.

21 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I understand the financial reasoning for this decision, but it's still a shame. Cadets2 was my favorite DCA corps last year.

Saw them from the stands in the beginning and online last few years and they really grew on me. Bummer

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 84BDsop said:

GM take note...

I thought I read that the GM layoffs announced this week aren't actually effective until early 2019.

• Thanks 2

YEA Board is trying to do the impossible with the Alumni Corps.  To have a successful Alumni  Corps it takes longer than the six or seven months available to them.  Just asked those that have done it in the past.  Anaheim Kingsmen  Madison Scouts, 27th Lancers. SCV  and Star took close to two years to organize.  Sure it is going generate interest in the Cadets and hopefully increased donations but it takes a ton of work.  You have to have people working 24/7 on the project and I don't yet see that coming from YEA.    Many budgets from potential sponsors for 2019 are already finalized.   Many potential marching members have to have their vacation dates for 2019 already in.  The devil is in the details and YEA  has supplied few to date. A poorly organized Alumni Corps could harm YEA rather than help them. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

YEA Board is trying to do the impossible with the Alumni Corps.  To have a successful Alumni  Corps it takes longer than the six or seven months available to them.  Just asked those that have done it in the past.  Anaheim Kingsmen  Madison Scouts, 27th Lancers. SCV  and Star took close to two years to organize.  

Three of those large special alumni corps had no HQ to ask for help.  Yes, 27 and Star had alumni/non alumni members performing at times, but for the most part, these groups created their own temporary BOD.  (I hope this is accurate.)   A lot of work went into these groups to get the finished performances.

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I thought I read that the GM layoffs announced this week aren't actually effective until early 2019.

Even if still on the job, the employees have that prospect hanging over them during the holiday season.

Merry freakin' Christmas. :xmas: :laughing:

48 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

YEA Board is trying to do the impossible with the Alumni Corps.  To have a successful Alumni  Corps it takes longer than the six or seven months available to them.  Just asked those that have done it in the past.  Anaheim Kingsmen  Madison Scouts, 27th Lancers. SCV  and Star took close to two years to organize.  Sure it is going generate interest in the Cadets and hopefully increased donations but it takes a ton of work.  You have to have people working 24/7 on the project and I don't yet see that coming from YEA.    Many budgets from potential sponsors for 2019 are already finalized.   Many potential marching members have to have their vacation dates for 2019 already in.  The devil is in the details and YEA  has supplied few to date. A poorly organized Alumni Corps could harm YEA rather than help them. 

Having gone through "the only one year to put it together" with the 50th BD one, I agree.  It was fun, but I have to rate it at the bottom of ALL the alum corps of it's type.

27th set the standard....BD unfortunately did not live up to it.

Maybe for the 75th.... but it depends on whio's in charge...Gibbs wasn't really enthusiastic about it, and it showed.