single seat tickets for finals is a joke!!!

3 hours ago, garfield said:

I haven't fought the crowds to buy tickets since the '80s so I wonder, is it possible to buy "middle-middle" through TicketMaster considering all the blocked out seats?

Again, since the '80s, I've always presumed the whole center, top-to-bottom, was blocked out.  (Except right down on the field where crazy people sit 🙂 )

Remember, BITD, DCI processed all the tickets themselves.  Then, well, what's there now.

Can they do better?  Well, it's a fact that there's a particular Top-12 WC drum corps that has a FABULOUS ticket program that's cheaper, faster, and better than DCI's option with TM (IMHO).  Personal service, with high-tech, high-touch service people who work to find ways to make customers' lives easier and more profitable, while earning a profit to help finance their Championship drum corps.

I'm sure they'd be happy to take over the job of ticketing if they could only figure out how to not enrich themselves with their wonderful creation because, after all, the activity doesn't want to do that now, would they?  Sure seems TM is an unbiased solution by overcharging everyone equally!

Off my soapbox, where this subject just burns my feet every time I think of it.

Still doesn't guarantee the OP a seat on the 50, I guess.

since said corps doesnt really advertise their option, few know about it

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I can hook you up.   Seriously. 

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

since said corps doesnt really advertise their option, few know about it

Everyone who's in a position to vote on allowing them to do it know exactly how successful they are at doing it.

Much like "Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are actually doing it".

Crown Tickets is no secret.

34 minutes ago, garfield said:

Everyone who's in a position to vote on allowing them to do it know exactly how successful they are at doing it.

Much like "Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are actually doing it".

Crown Tickets is no secret.

actually the particulars of what they do aren't well known. I actually had to go look it up to see exactly what they offered.

Buy your ticket through a corps.  For a very small markup ($10 or so) which acts as a fundraiser for that corps, you get to sit in one of those “blocked out” seats.  Just make sure you get it early - all tickets through the corps typically sell out by about the middle or the end of July.  Then you HAVE to buy the Ticketmaster tickets in the end zones or on the 5 yard lines if you still want to go.  Or you will have to turn to the reseller market.

Been doing this for years.  If you do your research, you can have your pick of pretty good seats, as each corps gets different seats to sell.

17 hours ago, bribay2a said:

i mean seriously all those seats are sold out in the middle sections     dci can you do better than ticketmaster?  this selection of thtree night seats is b.s.     im done with finals night stay home watch on tv   its like ticketmaster controls the universe man  everywhere you want to go they have the tickets and fees out the a..       let me be blunt as can   the ticket process sucks and it always has since indy 2009.  dci held hostage by ticketmaster   how the hell can all the good seats be gone as soon as sale starts    i know three night package takes some but not every fricken seat   also that three night package is a ripoff,because some people cant make all 3 nights      no wonder people go and sit in seats they dont buy on thursday and friday  because their own seats suck because they were all blocked out   

I use to work for a ticket agency in the Bay Area called Bass tickets. They were bought out by Ticketmasters. As far as tickets yes good seats are blocked out for various reasons. Group sales, promotions, like you say blocked out because of the priority for buying a packet ect. I remember big name concerts and as soon as they went on sale..bam...most of the top seats were blocked out.

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually the particulars of what they do aren't well known. I actually had to go look it up to see exactly what they offered.

Crown’s capabilities in ticketing was one of the three pillars of competence on which the G7 plan to dissemble DCI was based.  Those who needed to know were fully aware - even back then - that Crown had the ticketing “magic sauce” , and they chose to charge DCI with the task instead, specifically because the potential “profit” would then be distributed to all member corps and not just Crown.  A classic error of institutional arrogance that prevents sound business decision-making. 

Let no one doubt, from my humble opinion, that Crown Tickets is far and away the single best ticketing solution drum corps has (and not just DCI).  

Crown Tickets is built, run, and managed by drum corps people, first and foremost, who provide service to other venues and events as a result of their successful drum corps experience. 

Everything we ticket-buyers spend at Crown Tickets stays IN DRUM CORPS.  How can that in any way be worse for drum corps than paying $ out to Ticketmaster?

DCI should NOT be in the ticket business so long as there is a better solution (on almost ALL fronts) available from within the activity.  

IMO

Edited by garfield

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

Let no one doubt, from my humble opinion, that Crown Tickets is far and away the single best ticketing solution drum corps has (and not just DCI).  

At least one DCA show uses Crown Tickets, and has for several years now. Seems to be a case of "so far, so good" with them.

That said, and even in consideration, it's not likely that the OP's problem would be solved by Crown doing tickets.  His issue is one of availability.

And back on topic a little, I haven't seen anyone answer how far down the blocking goes in the center section.  Someone mentioned the 600s for semis (I thought they closed that), and down in row 3 for finals (one of those crazy people who keep ear plug suppliers in business), but how much of the center is available on the TM website for people to buy?

Sorry, I really have no idea.

Edited by garfield

13 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

When I have a chance to get to Indy,  I'm gonna hit up the "Friends of Fran" network to buy tickets from them. LOL

That means I'd only have to contact two or three people. :laughing:

So....the tacky Hawaiian shirt block????

• Haha 1