Sunrisers reinstated

At the Annual DCA meeting held over the 1st weekend in December the Executive Board fully reinstated the Long Island Sunrisers for the 2019 Season.   The corps was suspended from DCA immediately following the 2018 championships due to mismanagement and financial issues.   Since then the organization is under complete new management and moving forward in a positive direction.  The Executive Board from DCA met with the new leadership and over months of adjustments the corps is healthy and proved themselves to be in good standing.   We with them the best for 2019 and the future.Sunrisers_1-300x200.jpg

• Like 3

Perhaps the Sunrisers might pick up a few marchers that had expected to march Cadets2 this summer.

• Like 2

Good news for my old team.  Hopefully, everyone can move forward now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Perhaps the Sunrisers might pick up a few marchers that had expected to march Cadets2 this summer.

That depends. It appeared the majority of their members were out of the Long Island competitive circuit, which the other corps from PA and NJ weren't really tapping. More likely the Bucs will get some, the others out of NJ? Possible, but unknown. I do know a few that have performed with Bucs and C2 and some point. I couldn't tell you for any certainty  regarding Cabs, Fusion, or Bush for instance.

in the grand scheme of things, the following corps are basically within 2 hours of Allentown:

Bucs, Cabs, Sky, Bush, Fusion, Highland Regiment. Those would be the corps most likely to benefit. For a younger kid commuting from this region to LI would be a killer with tolls

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

Sun could run a van if they got enought kids from Cadets2 to Long Island .

14 minutes ago, Florida Sun said:

Sun could run a van if they got enought kids from Cadets2 to Long Island .

i had heard thats why the DE crew wasn't coming back, because of the expense

• Like 1