Help me out here!

On 12/6/2018 at 12:24 PM, BRASSO said:

... the Nuns  .... Old ... habits die hard, I guess.

I see what you did there!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I see what you did there!

I have to behave better than this.. fortunately, I get a do over on my New Years Resolutions the next coupla weeks.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2018 at 10:08 AM, Jeff Ream said:

in some cases yes...bass drops, thunderous goo

Jeff, you know you loved all the bass drops at DCA Finals this past year.

On another front, electronics bothered me quite a bit at first when they hit. Some of it was my fathers influence, some from my own "that's not Drum Corps" bias. But when used with taste and discretion, electronics can really add some great things to a show. 

P.S. - Please never bring back the "verbal drum break." I didn't think it was cool the first 600 times I saw / heard it. 

2 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Please never bring back the "verbal drum break."

Dllllakada daudaudau dutdutdutduh dau!!!! Dsshdsshdssh Gikgikgikdigik!!!! :crazy::doh:

Look. I can do that stuff.  And I'm certain the one main culprit on my mind on this wanted credit at the WC level. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BigW said:

Dllllakada daudaudau dutdutdutduh dau!!!! Dsshdsshdssh Gikgikgikdigik!!!! :crazy::doh:

You almost had it! You have to add "GOK! GOK! GOK! duz giduzzzzzzzzz" at the end.

I showed my girlfriend that 2005 show (I think we're both talking about the same one,) and she said "Did they just say Husqvarna? I thought they made chainsaws and ****." I laughed my *** off. 

I remember not long after my junior corps days, Modern Drummer Magazine ran a contest where you had to transcribe some ridiculous drum lick to win a prize. Back then it was probably an amp'ed up Terry Bozzio kit or something similar.

15 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Jeff, you know you loved all the bass drops at DCA Finals this past year.

On another front, electronics bothered me quite a bit at first when they hit. Some of it was my fathers influence, some from my own "that's not Drum Corps" bias. But when used with taste and discretion, electronics can really add some great things to a show. 

P.S. - Please never bring back the "verbal drum break." I didn't think it was cool the first 600 times I saw / heard it. 

allow me to reply to your first statement with two words

#### no

I too wasn't a fan at first. it grew on me, mainly because in indoor i saw it used well. finally it started spreading outside

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

You almost had it! You have to add "GOK! GOK! GOK! duz giduzzzzzzzzz" at the end.

I showed my girlfriend that 2005 show (I think we're both talking about the same one,) and she said "Did they just say Husqvarna? I thought they made chainsaws and ****." I laughed my *** off. 

I remember not long after my junior corps days, Modern Drummer Magazine ran a contest where you had to transcribe some ridiculous drum lick to win a prize. Back then it was probably an amp'ed up Terry Bozzio kit or something similar.

Rochester Crusaders did it unmic'd in 1990

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Rochester Crusaders did it unmic'd in 1990

Reaaaalllyyyyy??? I was completely unaware. I went over to the "Tube of You" but couldn't find anything. I'll have to do some further research.  

On 12/4/2018 at 10:21 PM, 84BDsop said:

72 Kmen, 76 Bridgemen, 83 Garfield, 85 Suncoast, 93 Star, 14 Bloo??

That's a pretty good list.

I had certainly watched 76' Bridgemen (My aunt on my fathers side marched there probably right around that time.) My father called them "The Bananamen." 

1983 was my 2nd year watching Drum Corps closely in earnest. There were shows ALL OVER the southeast. It was the year that DCI came to Chattanooga, TN. (where I still live today.) I think we went to 3 or 4 shows that year and it was the year I told my father I was going to march. 4 years later I did. 

1985 Suncoast - Saw them in ATL. My band director at the time met us there and when Suncoast was coming out, he turned to my father (who was later to supposedly have some involvement with Suncoast) and said "Arthur, they're supposedly doing original music this year." My fathers response was "Uh Oh." It became one of my favorite shows for a long time after. 

1993 Star - No one needs to say much about this show and it's doubtful that anyone can change the minds of those of us who love it. 

2014 Bloo - Tilt is still one of the shows I suggest to  people who say "My son / daughter plays 3rd clarinet in (insert_random_band_name_here) and they could beat any marching unit in the world." Please understand I try not to roll my eyes. I was a band director at one point too...but I still chuckle a little on the inside.