Blue Devils just published nearly every BD show to YouTube

So the audience was seated on the away side of the stadium in the 1976 championships in Philadelphia?

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

You one funny guy N.E.   (2:40  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmY1tij9MkE  )

I'm missing the joke, whatever it is. Just curious why the "U of P" on the field is upside down, relative to the camera' p.o.v.

I believe the "concert" side had more seating.  Had the pleasure to run in the Penn Relays before the stadium had major changes.  (Basically, I have no idea why they switched sides.  Probably had something to do with the football team.)

Edited by Ghost
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

So the audience was seated on the away side of the stadium in the 1976 championships in Philadelphia?

Never noticed that, what about 1975?

See those years I think of the exhibition show the next night in Hershey. Way for corps to get gas money and way for host Westshoremen to get money for all the bills run up getting the corps back on the field. Know BD was at least one of those shows.

• Like 1

The two in Philly were the only DCI Finals I've ever attended.

Went to pretty much every event championship week except finals in 2000, here in Maryland.

That was the year SCV Cadets made it all the way to the top 17 on Friday.  I had never seen them before that year, then by Friday I had seen them four times. LOL. Div. 2 prelims/finals, quarters, semis. Almost had their show memorized.  :laughing:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Never noticed that, what about 1975?

See those years I think of the exhibition show the next night in Hershey. Way for corps to get gas money and way for host Westshoremen to get money for all the bills run up getting the corps back on the field. Know BD was at least one of those shows.

The show the Muchachos performed in '75, the day after their disqualification.

That could not have been easy for them. I can only imagine the emotions.

That '76 BD performance at Finals... half a minute in, it was "this show's over."  

Such a dominant, game-changing corps that year.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ghost said:

Wish we could sort them by length of video's so the full shows would be easier to find.

On further review, the longer video's are at the beginning.  Still haven't found the 74 year that DFA1970 mentioned.

Not sure that it's actually Ithaca (this looks like grass and Ithaca was turf) but it sure looks like '74 to me...

Edited by gak27
text clarification