Blue Devils just published nearly every BD show to YouTube

42 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

The show the Muchachos performed in '75, the day after their disqualification.

That could not have been easy for them. I can only imagine the emotions.

Talked to a few at Hershey and they sounded like all the frustration was already out of them. A really calm conversation but can’t remember if the DQ was even discussed. What I remember is one saying he was going to Sky instead of Cabs because he was sick of Latin music lol.

omg just realized they were older than we were and we were with a SENIOR corps

1 hour ago, gak27 said:

Not sure that it's actually Ithaca (this looks like grass and Ithaca was turf) but it sure looks like '74 to me...

Thank you gak27.  Boy, did the brass arrangements change in the following years.

Edited by Ghost

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

The two in Philly were the only DCI Finals I've ever attended.

Went to pretty much every event championship week except finals in 2000, here in Maryland.

That was the year SCV Cadets made it all the way to the top 17 on Friday.  I had never seen them before that year, then by Friday I had seen them four times. LOL. Div. 2 prelims/finals, quarters, semis. Almost had their show memorized.  :laughing:

let me guess...in 2000 you were in Kingston

(ducks)

5 hours ago, gak27 said:

Not sure that it's actually Ithaca (this looks like grass and Ithaca was turf) but it sure looks like '74 to me...

Either that video is not championships or the CD that DCI sold as Finals are not championships - the ending is different. Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor segues to the next tune here, on the CD it ends and then has a big intro to the next tune.

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Talked to a few at Hershey and they sounded like all the frustration was already out of them. A really calm conversation but can’t remember if the DQ was even discussed. What I remember is one saying he was going to Sky instead of Cabs because he was sick of Latin music lol.

omg just realized they were older than we were and we were with a SENIOR corps

I know of one instance ( I was told in 1980 by a member of that 1975 corps if anyone questions the source) where they had a 23 year old with a Master's in Trumpet performance....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigW said:

I know of one instance ( I was told in 1980 by a member of that 1975 corps if anyone questions the source) where they had a 23 year old with a Master's in Trumpet performance....

Lol and our Senior corps was full of people who were still Junior eligible for a few years. Dang I turned18 around that time.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lol and our Senior corps was full of people who were still Junior eligible for a few years. Dang I turned18 around that time.

I left in 1984 still 21, Jim. Combination of things- money... College.... and liking where I was.