Blue Devils just published nearly every BD show to YouTube

1 hour ago, BigW said:

I left in 1984 still 21, Jim. Combination of things- money... College.... and liking where I was.

I was 22 the first time and real job out of college working all 3 shifts killed it. Later just wanted to play and not get psycho nutty about competing. Too bad Chocolatiers were gone lol.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

8 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I was 22 the first time and real job out of college working all 3 shifts killed it. Later just wanted to play and not get psycho nutty about competing. Too bad Chocolatiers were gone lol.

The problem there was that they had some nutty peeps, though. :laugh:

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

one saying he was going to Sky instead of Cabs because he was sick of Latin music lol.

Now THAT....is some funny ****

17 hours ago, BigW said:

I left in 1984 still 21, Jim. Combination of things- money... College.... and liking where I was.

Yeah... I "aged out" at 24 after my six years with with Sunrisers. LOL. Had an outside chance to go to the Blue Stars for my junior ageout year in 1979, but the plans fell through.

Obviously got into other stuff involving drum corps, but  never had any desire to return to a competition corps. 

16 hours ago, BigW said:

The problem there was that they had some nutty peeps, though. :laugh:

Yeah met some of them at Westshore lol.... weird thing is if they had been active in the mid 70s I would have gone there. Shorter drive than going to CV or driving thru the city to get to the island. Might have been allowed to drive myself instead of riding in the drum truck with no passenger seats. Talk about unsafe. 

Family lived in Linglestown off route 39 so halfway between Harrisburg and Hershey.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah met some of them at Westshore lol.... weird thing is if they had been active in the mid 70s I would have gone there. Shorter drive than going to CV or driving thru the city to get to the island. Might have been allowed to drive myself instead of riding in the drum truck with no passenger seats. Talk about unsafe. 

Family lived in Linglestown off route 39 so halfway between Harrisburg and Hershey.

Chumley, Bowser, and an old college friend went there as well as T-Schell so there were some connections from there to Westshore...The stories out of there were even stranger than Westshore.... and yes that's obviously possible.

9 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Yeah... I "aged out" at 24 after my six years with with Sunrisers. LOL. Had an outside chance to go to the Blue Stars for my junior ageout year in 1979, but the plans fell through.

Obviously got into other stuff involving drum corps, but  never had any desire to return to a competition corps. 

Tried to go back in 1988 to Westshore and 1991-2. Doors were closed... (Don't let me touch a mellophone...), and others became opened in 1992. It was for the better, looking back.

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Chumley, Bowser, and an old college friend went there as well as T-Schell so there were some connections from there to Westshore...The stories out of there were even stranger than Westshore.... and yes that's obviously possible.

Forgot about Bowser... Richie Sennett who I think did snare in 84 was 76 Hershey drum major. Rich and I about got kicked out of the Harrisburg Moose for wearing shorts at a WSM alumni meeting. Bouncer there was yelling at us across the bar room. Not sure if he realized if there were two of us or not.