Blue Devils just published nearly every BD show to YouTube

2 hours ago, ibexpercussion said:

Anyone know the etiquette/law about downloading the YouTube videos, and saving them as other video file formats? 

As for etiquette, my sense is that a corps posts a video to a free site like Youtube, by all means download it for personal use. If someone else posts a video to Youtube that is otherwise only available for sale, try to support the corps or DCI by buying the video from them. If someone else posts a video to Youtube that is not available, by all meeans download it for personal use. Then wait 105 years for copyright to expire and share it with others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bone-Tone Lord said:

Or that a BD social media intern is about to find themselves out of work.

No, that organization is too smart for that

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

As for etiquette, my sense is that a corps posts a video to a free site like Youtube, by all means download it for personal use. If someone else posts a video to Youtube that is otherwise only available for sale, try to support the corps or DCI by buying the video from them. If someone else posts a video to Youtube that is not available, by all meeans download it for personal use. Then wait 105 years for copyright to expire and share it with others.

Unless it’s Disney as you know they will find a way to extend their copyrights forever. And that’s not from wishing on a star either lol

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

No, that organization is too smart for that

Sure they have who can modify their webpages set tighter than what I see at work. IOW doubt if newbie can do this.

I'm enjoying all the extra videos they have on their channels too.

53 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s like finding buried treasure. 

And finding out the gut busting contra part in mid 70s “Channel One Suite” is done by SIX contras.

lol reminded me of one of our contras going ape stuff picking out the notes and then trying to play it that fast. Edit: piston/rotor work ouch

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

After the different helpful responses I am now in full on download-mode. I might not be up for air until these are all archived. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And finding out the gut busting contra part in mid 70s “Channel One Suite” is done by SIX contras.

lol reminded me of one of our contras going ape stuff picking out the notes and then trying to play it that fast. Edit: piston/rotor work ouch

3+John =12 My friend.

• Haha 1