Blue Devils just published nearly every BD show to YouTube

On 12/8/2018 at 12:54 PM, Whiskey said:

I know all corps need it, but don’t forget to drop by BD’s souvie booth in the summer and thank them. Maybe buy a souvie or two.  

Bought two in 2013. Time to get my passport again. Hope to visit Indy again soon. Thanks for the videos BD.

On 12/8/2018 at 11:15 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Forgot about Bowser... Richie Sennett who I think did snare in 84 was 76 Hershey drum major. Rich and I about got kicked out of the Harrisburg Moose for wearing shorts at a WSM alumni meeting. Bouncer there was yelling at us across the bar room. Not sure if he realized if there were two of us or not.

Richie also spent time in Westshoremen in the early 70’s

On 12/7/2018 at 2:36 PM, drangin said:

Either that video is not championships or the CD that DCI sold as Finals are not championships - the ending is different. Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor segues to the next tune here, on the CD it ends and then has a big intro to the next tune.

That 1974 video is from Key to the Sea finals in Toledo, OH.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BigW said:

Yes, marched plates IIRC, maybe Bass Drum.

old school tenor actually. There's a pic on the corps facebook page of the drumline rehearsing with all of the names of the people...71 I think. 

And for all of his flaws and quirks, he gave me my first break teaching, and his late wife was an adopted mother. 

First DCA Finals I went to in years was last one at Scranton and empty seat next to me. Must have been Rich’s as he came down every few Corps. Came down for Renegades and kept saying this is nuts, I love it and then wanted a fist bump. It was two shows at once and we loved it. Woman other side of Kris said something and I replied oh hades I’ve known him for decades and enjoyed him.

oh yeah this was Kris first Finals and what a way to start...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

old school tenor actually. There's a pic on the corps facebook page of the drumline rehearsing with all of the names of the people...71 I think. 

And for all of his flaws and quirks, he gave me my first break teaching, and his late wife was an adopted mother. 

My sister and I marched with him, which meant around 1981-84. I know he was in the plate line... for some reason Something clicks on Bass Drum one of those seasons, or he tried out on bass. I just can't remember.