“Failure to Protect”

3 minutes ago, geluf said:

Anyway, good lord Fred Morrison needs to resign immediately.  No one should be sending kids to the Crossman while he's still in charge.  Paying a service to bury Moody's past?  That is mustache-twirling villain levels of insanity.

It's a bummer that she only mentions it in one sentence, almost off-hand. It really warrants further investigation.

1 minute ago, ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar said:

It's a bummer that she only mentions it in one sentence, almost off-hand. It really warrants further investigation.

I will definitely be steering kids away from there, and Genesis while we're at it, which is a shame because Texas only has a handful of corps.

But how can I, in good conscience, tell a student to go to those places?  I can't trust that they will be taken care of in a responsible fashion.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

What part of DFTK is so hard for DCI to understand?

worse what part of don't ####### hire those people is so hard to understand?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Did anyone catch this bit? WOW.

To help him along, Morrison paid for a service to bury Moody’s past in online search results, according to two people told about the tactic, one of whom saw a receipt for the service in the corps office.

• Sad 1

another thing in the article, and i know it doesn't fully apply to drum corps is how schools didn't make these issues public and list why licenses are suspended. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

worse what part of don't ####### hire those people is so hard to understand?

Is like to know if these corps never checked backgrounds or did and didn’t give #### if something turned up. Yeah we checked... didn’t do anything but we checked 

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

another thing in the article, and i know it doesn't fully apply to drum corps is how schools didn't make these issues public and list why licenses are suspended. 

This happens all the time and its a REAL problem.  Bad teachers jump states and its like nothing ever happened.  Their record seems not to follow them.  There needs to be a national registry for this kind of thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, garfield said:

She should change the lead graphic - that's not a drum corps.

Did Robyn march with the Madison Scouts? 

Are details important?

Robyn marched in the Capitolaires.  

This incident is why there was a Capital Sound. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1