“Failure to Protect”

3 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

And, therefore, participating in the cleanup process.

Keep hearing RBs words of “we got rid of the predator because that is what society expected us to do”. IOW he just doesn’t get it. If any are really cleaning up is it because this came to light not because they suddenly saw the light 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I got the exact same drama queen reaction from someone else. some people seem to protest a bit toooooo much. hmmmm I wonder why?  The original comment was funny but some little wet blankets are trying desperately to let everyone know they are outraged is suspect in itself.

Give me a break.

Posting a pedantic comment about how the picture isn't a drum corps (the effect is the same) and then about a typo on a photo (the correct corps is named in the article itself) and nothing else is probably not the way to go.

And your not-so-low-key libel is noted.

Nothing about this article is funny.  Either you understand that or no one can help you.

Edited by geluf

5 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I got the exact same drama queen reaction from someone else. some people seem to protest a bit toooooo much. hmmmm I wonder why?  The original comment was funny but some little wet blankets are trying desperately to let everyone know they are outraged is suspect in itself.

It was not a drama queen reaction....you #####ed about straps on the drum in the pic and used the "someone got cut" line.

Both that reaction and Garfield's trivialize the nature of the article.

The unfriend button's right over there,  Brian...feel free to use it.

Edited by 84BDsop
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ouooga said:

As a die-hard fan, does anyone have ideas on what I (we?) can do as a next step? From top to bottom, I think the drum corps activity is run completely wrong. Not just from the focal point of this article (though that's huge), but the entire activity is just not set up in a way that's not 1) safe for the members, 2) maximizing profits, or 3) cost effective/efficient for anyone involved.

I want my kids to march someday, if they have interest. More importantly to me (because I don't want to force drum corps on them) is that drum corps, in general, continue in the healthiest manner possible.

So I ask you, DCP, what can I do? I want to do something, anything, to help.

The absolute best thing anyone can do to help is to get personally involved.  If you have the time, inclination and opportunity, volunteer for a corps.  Even join the BOD of a corps.  The more responsible adult oversight and assistance these organizations have, the better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

The absolute best thing anyone can do to help is to get personally involved.  If you have the time, inclination and opportunity, volunteer for a corps.  Even join the BOD of a corps.  The more responsible adult oversight and assistance these organizations have, the better.

No corps in my state. Is it viable to join a board or volunteer when you're from out of state?

5 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

It was not a drama queen reaction....you #####ed about straps on the drum in the pic and used the "someone got cut" line.

Both that reaction and Garfield's trivialize the nature of the article.

The unfriend button's right over there,  Brian...feel free to use it.

"Hmmmm some people are a little TOO mad about sexual predators I tell you what!  Makes you think!"

Did you like the part where he implied you might have something to hide because you're actually upset about this?  That was my favorite bit.

Edited by geluf
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Keep hearing RBs words of “we got rid of the predator because that is what society expected us to do”. IOW he just doesn’t get it. If any are really cleaning up is it because this came to light not because they suddenly saw the light 

Not sure.  But if it is cleaning up, it is good news either way.

As you point out, there are two ways that could work:

1.  The people are learning to stop making questionable hires, and purge those made previously.

2.  The process compels those people to put sentiment aside, stop making questionable hires, and purge those made previously.

Whether via people or process, if it works, that is good news.

• Like 2

once again proving my point. No one made light of the issue itself but someone overly protesting about someones GIF of a low budget band on an article about drum and bugle corps is very suspect. Sorry I wasn't outraged enough for you.  "He's not wearing the Pin" reaction.  This is why I won't waste my time on drama queens.

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

Not sure.  But if it is cleaning up, it is good news either way.

As you point out, there are two ways that could work:

1.  The people are learning to stop making questionable hires, and purge those made previously.

2.  The process compels those people to put sentiment aside, stop making questionable hires, and purge those made previously.

Whether via people or process, if it works, that is good news.

No one involved in actively covering this up should have any part of any "clean up".

I mean, good lord, Morrison *hired a service* to have Moody's name scrubbed from internet searches!  And he's still running the Crossmen!

1 hour ago, garfield said:

She should change the lead graphic - that's not a drum corps.

Did Robyn march with the Madison Scouts? 

Are details important?

Saw that. Obviously an error. I've also noticed that the error has since been corrected.

Certainly doesn't dilute the impact of the overall story.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2