“Failure to Protect”

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

But I wonder if they were given the information that was conveyed to him. 

odds are no, which i raised in the last mega thread and got nasty pm's about 

3 hours ago, garfield said:

That calls her on the carpet about spreading responsibility to DCI without taking one iota of veracity away from the central point of the article, being drum corps being a "Haven" to pedophiles.

Since you've spent lots of time and energy today informing us that " words matter", you might want to rethink your wording here on what she wrote in her article. Her Central point of her article was decidedly NOT  about DCI Drum Corps being a haven to... " pedophiles "

A " pedophile ", by definition, is" an adult or older adolescent that has a primary attraction to pre puberty children".

None of her reporting refers to this. None of it. She does not even utilize the word . Nor should she. The issue is not DCI staffers having issues with " attraction to pre puberty children," and acting out on these impulses and having sex with prepubescent children.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

. By the way, is Fred Morrison still with Crossmen?

Yes. DCI HQ put out a statement tonight, but so far a  current DCI  Corps Director that reportedly payed a service to bury the checkered past of one of its former hires, is still that Corps Director. DCI HQ. makes no mention of this in its press release. DCI states in the statement that " abuse or misconduct in any form will not be tolerated ". Sounds a bit hollow to me, given the fact that a current Corps Director in DCI that reportedly secretly and privately payed a service money to bury a report on one of his former hires sure as heck sounds like serious " misconduct " to me. ( and one assumes, to others as well. )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yes. DCI HQ put out a statement tonight, but so far a  current DCI  Corps Director that reportedly payed a service to bury the checkered past of one of its former hires, is still that Corps Director. DCI HQ. makes no mention of this in its press release.

of course not. they didn't say anything public about Moody til it came out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, karuna said:

I have asked that question for months.  G will not answer it.  Instead he bloviates about corporate structure.  

Because he knows the answer is truly damning.    He doesn't see that he's ENABLING abusers by defending Acheson.  

Standing by and doing nothing in the face of evil with the excuse "I'm just following orders" is an all-too-familiar refrain. 

You need to have the moral character to stand up and say NO THIS WILL NOT STAND.

Eh, it's only a movie quote, but that doesn't make it wrong:

"It doesn't matter what I believe. It only matters what I can prove! So please, don't tell me what I know or don't know. I know the LAW."

Or in these circumstances: a little cold-blooded rationality has its place too. We really don't know all the fact--but to be sure, I think that's partly Acheson's fault.

55 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

a soldier follows orders from a Co that are illegal, and the soldier knows it, they still go down with the ship (think A few good men).

GMTA? Although to different purposes.

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

of course not. they didn't say anything public about Moody til it came out. 

DCI HQ really seems is in a quandry now. It can not imply on one hand that it has little control or authority over its member Corps, but then put out a press release from its Headquarters that states that " abuse and misconduct will not be tolerated". Its either one or the other. DCI right now has a specific and concrete example of reported serious " misconduct " on the part of Fred Morrison, current Corps Director of the Crossmen. That is, unless DCI HQ believes that the report out today in the media that Fred Morrison  secretly payed a service money to bury a negative sexual episode that Morrison was aware of  ( but parents/ marchers were not ) of one of his hires  does not constitute " misconduct ". If THATs the assessment at DCI HQ, then Dan needs to resign immediately.. On simple incompetency alone it would seem to me. In any event, DCI HQ is going to be monitored now by fans and the media alike to see how it handles Fred Morrison and the Crossmen. DCI HQ can not state that " abuse and misconduct will not be tolerated ", when it appears DCI Hq has tolerated quite a bit of " abuse and misconduct "  in its ranks..And with Morrison/ Crossmen, as just one glaring current example,  DCI HQ appears to tolerate abuse and " misconduct " in its ranks to this very moment.   DCI HQ approves judges I believe. Will Mark Calima still be approved for judging DCI  shows for 2019 and beyond ? Calima had his teaching license revoked for sexually harassing students. Plural. More than one time was he apparently sexually harassing students. Over a period of a couple of years too .. All fairly recently. 2013-2015 time period ( according to the Philly Enquirer report ). Is DCI HQ  genuinely serious about making its activity future safe for youth. I suppose we are about to find out with what actions they take... or don't take.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Since you've spent lots of time and energy today informing us that " words matter", you might want to rethink your wording here on what she wrote in her article. Her Central point of her article was decidedly NOT  about DCI Drum Corps being a haven to... " pedophiles "

A " pedophile ", by definition, is" an adult or older adolescent that has a primary attraction to pre puberty children".

None of her reporting refers to this. None of it. She does not even utilize the word . Nor should she. The issue is not DCI staffers having issues with " attraction to pre puberty children," and acting out on these impulses and having sex with prepubescent children.

Considering your reputation as wordsmith, thank you for the clarification.