“Failure to Protect”

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Need a like choice that includes a spit take...

There’s at least an emoticon for that: :spitting:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

There’s at least an emoticon for that: :spitting:

Icon choices not showing up on cell or tablet. Need the swearing icon right now

Edited by JimF-LowBari

28 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I was wondering when this post would echo back to us.

Until he’s gone, Ghost. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Icon choices not showing up on cell or tablet. Need the swearing icon right now

That would be this one: :soapbox:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/13/2018 at 8:19 PM, garfield said:

Are you going to hold Blue Devils responsible for Pioneer's regressions?  How about holding Crown responsible for Hopkins' actions?  "Off with their heads!".

Granted this is from a bunch of pages back, but yes, I would, to a degree,  hold BD responsible for Pioneer's problems et al.

If, as has been pointed out, that DCI IS the Corps directors that sit on the DCI BOD, then yes, they are responsible for not enforcing common sense standards (i'.e., DFTK, get injured members proper medical treatment,  feed the members, and so on).

If the January DCI meeting does not result in a complete over-hall of the governance structure, to include a director that actually has power to deal with problems and to make / enforce difficult decisions,  then I strongly suspect DCI's day's are numbered.  They have already botched this more than once within the last 8 months.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
more better English
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

If you’re on Crossmen board and you rubber stamped Moody’s hire, see ya. The OC issues? See ya. This stuff was known and reported and ignored. Larsons history was known by the Kilties and Cavies organizations. And was reported to Acheson.

remember, dci insisted the entire YEA administration be replaced. Why should anyone else be held to a different standard especially when the old YEA board, pathetic as it was didn’t know Hopkins was considered a rapist before January 

I agree 100%. All those who allowed the sexual predators to thrive in our activity should go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Granted this is from a bunch of pages back, but yes, I would, to a degree,  hold BD responsible for Pioneer's problems et al.

If, as has been pointed out, that DCI IS the Corps directors that sit on the DCI BOD, then yes, they are responsible for not enforcing common sense standards (i'.e., DFTK, get injured members proper medical treatment,  feed the members, and so on).

If the January DCI meeting does not result in a complete over-hall of the governance structure, to include a director that actually has power to deal with problems and to make / enforce difficult decisions,  then I strongly suspect DCI's day's are numbered.  They have already botched this more than once within the last 8 months.  

I think that when this was constituted, the member corps assumed that the other members would be competent, ethical, and capable enough for these kinds of things to not happen, nor did they envision this. Obviously, something needs to be done, and from the looks of it, they can't react fast enough, or won't.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, BigW said:

I think that when this was constituted, the member corps assumed that the other members would be competent, ethical, and capable enough for these kinds of things to not happen, nor did they envision this. Obviously, something needs to be done, and from the looks of it, they can't react fast enough, or won't.

Makes me wonder if the timing of the article was done with Tricia's awareness of the January meetings so to have maximum effect, or just a coincidence. Either way, it's going to be top of mind and I have to think that big changes are coming. Obviously DCI and the Corps BOD are under a microscope and will have no choice but to make changes or else, this activity will cease to exist.

27 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

Makes me wonder if the timing of the article was done with Tricia's awareness of the January meetings so to have maximum effect, or just a coincidence. Either way, it's going to be top of mind and I have to think that big changes are coming. Obviously DCI and the Corps BOD are under a microscope and will have no choice but to make changes or else, this activity will cease to exist.

I can guarantee you that, even without this recent article, this subject will be top-of-agenda next month.

"...no choice but to make changes...".  Curious, what changes are you expecting to happen during the meeting?

Edited by garfield

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Until he’s gone, Ghost. 

Once you have his head on a pike, then what?

What about Morrison's board of directors?  When they don't fire him, will you go after them with the same vigor and vitriol?