“Failure to Protect”

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Problem is, you do not know that.  

####, you even admitted not knowing earlier in this thread.

For all you know, Acheson had the investigators on speed dial, and called them immediately upon receiving a credible claim.  But if the investigation fails to find something, then what?  It is not prudent to publicize claims that do not pan out.  If someone makes a confidential claim against Karuna, and investigation finds no corroborating evidence, there will be no press releases or blogs about Karuna being accused.  It would be wrong for Acheson to leak such information and smear the good name of Karuna, even if it helps unsmear his own name.

Be sure to let us all know when you have proof that Acheson both:

- received a credible claim, and

- did nothing

Until then, it would be appropriate if you continued to use the phrase "if he... " in your accusations.

So now you're contending that Dan reported and every report was investigated and found to be baseless?  :doh: 

Do you read the articles published by Naldony?  If anyone were reporting this behavior to the proper authorities,  how could we possibly have arrived here?

It's already documented here he knew about Larson, knew about Hopkins,  knew about Fiedler,  the list goes on and on.  

What I said I didn't know specifically was if his board ordered him NOT to report cases of sexual abuse.  I also pointed out that it's completely irrelevant if they did;  he still had a duty to report suspected abuse.  I'd like to see the minutes of the meeting where they told Dan " Look -- we're handling this.  You stay out of it" because that would instantly doom all those other good ole boys in the room who are equally (or more guilty).  But you and I know very well no such directive was ever officially given.  

The more DCI denies and evades, the harder it's all going to come crashing down.  If he resigns now,  DCI has a chance at surviving this #### storm.  If he tries to hang on,  it may very well all burn to the ground.  

AMAZING that so many are willing to defend his inaction on this matter.  Just....ASTOUNDING.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, karuna said:

So now you're contending that Dan reported and every report was investigated and found to be baseless?  :doh: 

Do you read the articles published by Naldony?  If anyone were reporting this behavior to the proper authorities,  how could we possibly have arrived here?

It's already documented here he knew about Larson, knew about Hopkins,  knew about Fiedler,  the list goes on and on.  

What I said I didn't know specifically was if his board ordered him NOT to report cases of sexual abuse.  I also pointed out that it's completely irrelevant if they did;  he still had a duty to report suspected abuse.  I'd like to see the minutes of the meeting where they told Dan " Look -- we're handling this.  You stay out of it" because that would instantly doom all those other good ole boys in the room who are equally (or more guilty).  But you and I know very well no such directive was ever officially given.  

The more DCI denies and evades, the harder it's all going to come crashing down.  If he resigns now,  DCI has a chance at surviving this #### storm.  If he tries to hang on,  it may very well all burn to the ground.  

AMAZING that so many are willing to defend his inaction on this matter.  Just....ASTOUNDING.

Read this and thought after GH left, Cadets had to replace the entire board by order of DCI. After what comes out of the upcoming meetings will the same happen with DA and DCI board. In this case it would be the corps saying in essence a totally fresh start is needed.

And again can’t wrap my head around OCs staff resigns and DCI never asked or never found out why.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

Makes me wonder if the timing of the article was done with Tricia's awareness of the January meetings so to have maximum effect, or just a coincidence. Either way, it's going to be top of mind and I have to think that big changes are coming. Obviously DCI and the Corps BOD are under a microscope and will have no choice but to make changes or else, this activity will cease to exist.

To me Tricia's article speaks more to the sad state of sexual harassment that is perpetrated across our school systems. Which is going mostly ignored via weak detection, little engrossment and lack of severe treatment to those in charge. Whether dci exists or not is not going to fix the issues Tricia raises. She is certainly setting her expectations too low, just worrying about  the 3500 kids on tour where there are millions of kids at risk in our high schools. I would give up dci if it meant our schools were safe but it won't and it would be a crying shame if it comes to that. That's why I question her motives is dci just easy pickings and the school system to big to go after?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, karuna said:

And, once again, you made up a whole bunch of crap and lay it forward like it's fact.

That's what is shameful on this issue, IMO.

You have no idea what "directive" was given, or if there was even a specific directive given in this case that can be identified.

"...knew about Larson, knew about Hopkins, knew about Fiedler..."   One person claims that are not corroborated is not "documented", it's a single claim.

You hit it on the head: All those "good ole boys" did, in fact, marginalize and minimize Dan's role but, for some reason, you can't seem to accept that as fact.

"If he resigns now...", that's all just crap.  Your opinion is valid, but it's just an opinion.

Keeping Dan and his staff in place until and unless he's proven culpable in the heinous acts by his ACTUAL inaction (not his purported inaction, and not the action that would be demanded if the acts happened today) is the best way to assure that the remaining drum corps have a tour on which to perform and attract members.

It's a hard business decision, but it is just a business decision and the right answer is to attack the guilty and the enablers that hired them.

Edited by garfield

1 hour ago, BigW said:

I think that when this was constituted, the member corps assumed that the other members would be competent, ethical, and capable enough for these kinds of things to not happen, nor did they envision this. Obviously, something needs to be done, and from the looks of it, they can't react fast enough, or won't.

Assumption is the mother of all foul ups (or something like that)

15 minutes ago, karuna said:

Quoted to demonstrate how far departed from reality this is.

The only thing "documented" here is that a few angry people think they can read minds.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, karuna said:

<snip>

He did nothing of the sort.

Your presumptive obfuscation of facts is well-developed. 

46 minutes ago, garfield said:

Once you have his head on a pike, then what?  What about Morrison's board of directors?  When they don't fire him, will you go after them with the same vigor and vitriol?

Well G, once GH was gone, the BOD was next.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, garfield said:

Once you have his head on a pike, then what?

What about Morrison's board of directors?  When they don't fire him, will you go after them with the same vigor and vitriol?

Sounds like a plan to me. And when did the board find out and did they do anything.  

• Like 2