“Failure to Protect”

3 hours ago, karuna said:

Actually since he works events that’s NOT how it works. So much misinformation apparent here. 

I’m pretty sure he meant under the responsibilities of Dan’s office. 

But I think you know that. 

You’re right about the misinformation, though. 

47 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Holding the man in charge of DCI accountable for having sexual predators scattered about all over the activity is hardly for optics. And if I hear one more time that the Executive Director of Drum Corps International has no ability to act due to the structure of DCI, then DCI needs to fail due to its rank incompetence at organizing itself. 

Look, I know in this day and age everyone yearns to be a victim and no one is accountable for anything. So yes I’m swimming against the current of our culture. But if you’re in charge, you need to be held accountable, if only because you’re in charge. Even if you personally had nothing to do with it. And also, nobody is irreplaceable. Nobody. The care and well being of the participants in the activity are what need to come first, not the ability to tour and the endless pursuit of money.  Maybe having these priorities backwards played a part in creating this mess. 

It is only for optics if the wrong person is held accountable. The men “ in charge” of DCI are the corps leaders who sit on the Board, not the one scheduling the tour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PamahoNow said:

And is it allowed to now speak of the third on this list?

When was it not allowed?

Anyone who knew and hasn’t spoken is guilty of enabling him. 

And anyone who knew is a mandatory reporter and has an obligation to notify both the law and the non-profit he now works for. 

Also, don’t forget the BoD that hired him. They have to go, too. Immediately. 

So who’s going to make those calls?  Lots of folks apparently KNEW his story and haven’t spoken up. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

When was it not allowed?

Anyone who knew and hasn’t spoken is guilty of enabling him. 

And anyone who knew is a mandatory reporter and has an obligation to notify both the law and the non-profit he now works for. 

Also, don’t forget the BoD that hired him. They have to go, too. Immediately. 

So who’s going to make those calls?  Lots of folks apparently KNEW his story and haven’t spoken up. 

On DCP, it has not been allowed to make named accusations that haven't been officially reported. Most references to Fiedler on this forum get shut down or deleted. Assumed that was the meaning behind "not allowed" ... on DCP. 

2 hours ago, karuna said:

This is just FUD.  There's no evidence that removing Acheson and appointing an interim CEO would hobble DCI.  You're just making that up.

Furthermore there's no evidence that if Acheson were removed, that all of DCI's staff would be removed.  Again -- pure fiction.

These fantasies are just your opinions.  You have a right to them but they're clearly ridiculous and you're making them up. 

IMHO they are a transparent attempt to shore up support for  a CEO whose continued employment merely delays the start of drum corps recovery from the current crisis.  If you can't argue the facts,   try the ol' Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt routine!  

I’ve been stating facts from the very beginning. You just aren’t versed well enough in the reality of DCI to see that fact, let alone the ones I’ve been stating.  

Your ignorance of the facts isn’t my fantasy, it’s yours. 

Edited by garfield

9 minutes ago, garfield said:

Just because someone knows that  does not make them a mandated reporter. State laws define who mandated reporters are in PA. 

And those laws were changed after Sandusky. Some of the people who knew then were not mandated to report so no legal action when they did not report. They would get legal action against them now

8 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

On DCP, it has not been allowed to make named accusations that haven't been officially reported. Most references to Fiedler on this forum get shut down or deleted. Assumed that was the meaning behind "not allowed" ... on DCP. 

Thanks for this. 

But isn’t this just more evidence of factless  hearsay?

Edited by garfield

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Just because someone knows that  does not make them a mandated reporter. State laws define who mandated reporters are in PA. 

And those laws were changed after Sandusky. Some of the people who knew then were not mandated to report so no legal action when they did not report. They would get legal action against them now

Thanks, Jim. You just made 90% of my argument for me. 

Today it WOULD be different. In many ways. 

7 minutes ago, garfield said:

Thanks, Jim. You just made 90% of my argument for me. 

Today it WOULD be different. In many ways. 

How would it be different for DCI today? The changes to who is a mandated reporter applies to PA only. Take it for granted DCI falls under IN law so don’t know who is mandated there. 

Just trying to clear up the mandated reporter definition 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

46 minutes ago, garfield said:

It is only for optics if the wrong person is held accountable. The men “ in charge” of DCI are the corps leaders who sit on the Board, not the one scheduling the tour. 

And that may be the root cause of this whole problem. No one person is in charge. The buck doesn’t stop at any one person - like it should. If the cops asked, “Who’s in charge here?” They would all point at each other. Like a Three Stooges short. Hence my words about. Maybe DCI should fail due to their rank incompetence in setting up a governance structure. Or refusal to establish a strong governance structure with real oversight authority. 

• Thanks 1