“Failure to Protect”

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

And that may be the root cause of this whole problem. No one person is in charge. The buck doesn’t stop at any one person - like it should. If the cops asked, “Who’s in charge here?” They would all point at each other. Like a Three Stooges short. Hence my words about. Maybe DCI should fail due to their rank incompetence in setting up a governance structure. Or refusal to establish a strong governance structure with real oversight authority. 

Now I think you’ve got it. 

New policies, new governance. And if Dan A has to go, then every DCI Board member does to, and every corps director out on their ear, too.

But new policies and governanance doesn’t have to mean everyone gets fired, does it?

5 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

And that may be the root cause of this whole problem. No one person is in charge. The buck doesn’t stop at any one person - like it should. If the cops asked, “Who’s in charge here?” They would all point at each other. Like a Three Stooges short. Hence my words about. Maybe DCI should fail due to their rank incompetence in setting up a governance structure. Or refusal to establish a strong governance structure with real oversight authority. 

Although I agree with the first statement 100%, I don't think shutting down the entire activity is the answer. Would that somehow give any real vindication to the victims? I would think that we would instead look to somehow build the strong structure of governance and oversight that you speak of. The question is, how is that to be done?

We are all understandably upset. This is an activity and community that we all love be it just fans or current / former MM's. We've all been very vocal (myself included) in pointing out the shortcomings of the past structure.  There are a LOT of very smart people in this community with background and talent to bring forth suggestions on how to fix the problem. How hard would it be to do that? I think any of us who have ever managed anything in business before (and let's face it, part of this activity is a business,) would agree that bringing forth solutions is far more beneficial than simply ignoring the possible solutions. 

We can't change the past. DCI and all involved needs to own their deeds and misdeeds. But we can help to make DCI what it was always meant to be. 

• Like 1

All of the talk of this person knew, or they should have known and whether or not they had responsibilities and duties to report, followed by those who say there is no proof... lather, rinse repeat.  This board knew and should have done something and that board should have known too, followed by more Rabbit Season, Duck Season back and forth.  More discussion of resignations and what not and why not.  Does DA inhale or exhale during his back-swing on the first tee, how many pieces of corn were in the morning constitutional; and on and on.  Yet, Fielder can't be discussed?  

I'm being sarcastic on purpose... but,

Wasn't Fiedler a member of the DCI board and at one time the chairman of that same board when some of these things went on that have been discussed in the last year or so? 

What did he know and not report, was he part of some Glenn Beck worthy conspiracy?   

"... and the band played on." ($1 to Melvin Franklin and the Temptations)  Irony is so ironic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Daave said:

"... and the band played on." ($1 to Melvin Franklin and the Temptations)  Irony is so ironic.

My favorite Temps song and title says it all.... 

DCI needs an outside audit of who knew what and when followed by what did each person did or not do. Then let the cleaning begin. And any new BoD member goes under same scruntity. DCI needs to start regaining trust more than just saying “well we have this policy now” and hope the corps follow them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My favorite Temps song and title says it all.... 

DCI needs an outside audit of who knew what and when followed by what did each person did or not do. Then let the cleaning begin. And any new BoD member goes under same scruntity. DCI needs to start regaining trust more than just saying “well we have this policy now” and hope the corps follow them.

Good call!  It's definitely a "Ball of Confusion?  😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daave said:

Good call!  It's definitely a "Ball of Confusion?  😂

Just hit me “... run, run, run, but you sure can’t hide..” fits too.

• Like 1

This may be an outside-of-the-box approach, but has anyone considered that the current MM may be some of the best to consult as to how this activity should move forward?  After all, it is their corps now and the youth of today are surprisingly mature when it comes to this.  Remember, they live in a world where schools are shot up, teachers are predators, etc.  They may have some of the most insightful opinions yet!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Tell that to Cadets2.

Have read where C2 might not have lasted much longer even under GH. So who really knows. 

If YEA cut C2 to pay for the lawsuit that is GHs doing and not because the board was replaced

Edited by JimF-LowBari