“Failure to Protect”

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I fear you folks are fiddling here while Rome burns. Your fact checking and phrase parsing seems like a sandbox fight. Meanwhile the overarching message of the Philly Inquirer remains unchanged. Check that:  it keeps getting worse. But by all means, split the knats wing in half to prove DCI didn’t do anything wrong. 

You are missing the big picture. 

Agree it's at the point of no confidence, right/ wrong discussions are mute. Action must occur soon.

47 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

the DCI yearbook. towards the back they list the all age members.

and your reading fails you because Larsen continued to perform at DCI events in 2013, after Dan was notified of his presence in the corps and his status on the national sex offenders registry.

read, not blindly defend. It'll make you look better. Not DCI, but you. 

Umm...I'm looking at the 2013 yearbook and there's no listing of all-age corps

I have every yearbook going back into the mid-1980s.  Want me to check elsewhere?

Just for fun, I got the 2012 version out, too.  Nope, no Kilties or any all-age listed.

Try again, swami?

44 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

6/29 Madison Wi

6/20 Salem WI

7/5 Whitewater

fromthepressbox.com. went to DCA section, got dates Kilties had scores, correlated to the DCI schedule since they dont appear in the same place on the site. I highly doubt they ran a show with just them in it on those dates with a DCI show in the same time ( in case anyone tried to stretch logic that far)

2013 DCI Tour Schedule directly from the 2013 Yearbook:

June 22: Merrilville, IN

June 26: Evansville, IN

June 28: Munci, IN

July 6: Michigan City

Nothing in DCI's schedule correlates to your Kilties schedule so, no, it's not accurate to say that, just because Kilties show a score on the days you list, that there was a DCI show they "obviously" performed in.

That's not stretching logic, that's... (wait for it)...

FACT CHECKING!

Swami.

LOL

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

Umm...I'm looking at the 2013 yearbook and there's no listing of all-age corps

I have every yearbook going back into the mid-1980s.  Want me to check elsewhere?

Just for fun, I got the 2012 version out, too.  Nope, no Kilties or any all-age listed.

Try again, swami?

i know they have been in recently. could have sworn they were there in 2013.

But...you said DCI STRICTLY controls what happens and who performs at their shows.

Dan was notified in 2012. and a few posts back I gave you 3 DCI shows Kilties performed at, and he was a member of the corps. So really, you can parse as many participles as you wish, the bottom line is from 11-13 Morgan Larson was a member of the Kilties, performing in DCi shows. in 2012, Dan Acheson was informed, as well as all of DCA. Nothing happened and he continued performing in DCI and DCA shows in 2013.

and DCI allowed it, despite the strict control over who and what performs and happens at their shows.

So, you do realize Dan dropped the ball. And if he did actually notified the board, they dropped the ball. I'm sure parents of kids in those corps would have loved to have known a registered sex offender appeared at the same show as their kids did.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

6/29 Madison Wi

6/20 Salem WI

7/5 Whitewater

fromthepressbox.com. went to DCA section, got dates Kilties had scores, correlated to the DCI schedule since they dont appear in the same place on the site. I highly doubt they ran a show with just them in it on those dates with a DCI show in the same time ( in case anyone tried to stretch logic that far)

Yeah fromthpressbox really funky on how they list combined shows. Putting together lists of all shows of record and ftp was wtf until I figured it out . West coast combined with Renegades and the rest a mess too

1 minute ago, garfield said:

2013 DCI Tour Schedule directly from the 2013 Yearbook:

June 22: Merrilville, IN

June 26: Evansville, IN

June 28: Munci, IN

July 6: Michigan City

Nothing in DCI's schedule correlates to your Kilties schedule so, no, it's not accurate to say that, just because Kilties show a score on the days you list, that there was a DCI show they "obviously" performed in.

That's not stretching logic, that's... (wait for it)...

FACT CHECKING!

Swami.

LOL

fromthepressbox2.com.

go ahead and look, I did

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

i know they have been in recently. could have sworn they were there in 2013.

But...you said DCI STRICTLY controls what happens and who performs at their shows.

Dan was notified in 2012. and a few posts back I gave you 3 DCI shows Kilties performed at, and he was a member of the corps. So really, you can parse as many participles as you wish, the bottom line is from 11-13 Morgan Larson was a member of the Kilties, performing in DCi shows. in 2012, Dan Acheson was informed, as well as all of DCA. Nothing happened and he continued performing in DCI and DCA shows in 2013.

and DCI allowed it, despite the strict control over who and what performs and happens at their shows.

So, you do realize Dan dropped the ball. And if he did actually notified the board, they dropped the ball. I'm sure parents of kids in those corps would have loved to have known a registered sex offender appeared at the same show as their kids did.

DCI strictly controls who performs at their shows.  They want to know all names, waivers, and sign-offs on file.

I answered your claim about the three shows.  Sorry, fail.  No proof that Kilties performed in those shows.

No evidence that DCI knew Larson was performing in Kilites.

How, exactly, did Dan drop the ball at a fictitious show you're making up?

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

DCI strictly controls who performs at their shows.  They want to know all names, waivers, and sign-offs on file.

I answered your claim about the three shows.  Sorry, fail.  No proof that Kilties performed in those shows.

No evidence that DCI knew Larson was performing in Kilites.

How, exactly, did Dan drop the ball at a fictitious show you're making up?

Where do you get your show info from? Have looked at “full” show listings in various places and found all lacking in some way I am interested.