“Failure to Protect”

8 minutes ago, Toby said:

Upon hearing of it, being that the show was at a high school stadium, Dan A or the show coordinator should have told Kilts to leave him home that night or not perform. Really simple since Larson had restrictions against being on school property. 

Whoa hearing it was at a high school just jacked up the creepiness level. Think Bart Simpson when his skin vibrates/shivers.

Think major crap would hit fan at next school board meeting if that was here and people found out. Host would be looking for new site 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

19 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Because he can play really high notes poorly with bad technique?

Not to be flippant but that comment isn't far from the truth. He was seen as some type of trumpet God by some people in the activity for some unknown reason.

I thought that was Howdy?  😂

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Oops, nevermind. I hadn’t yet read through the entire thread. 

I’m the first to admit that I’m 61 years old,  I’ve been in or around drum corps for over 50 years.  The years blend together and I’ve had two very traumatic experiences since 2012.  

Edited by Terri Schehr

24 minutes ago, Toby said:

Upon hearing of it, being that the show was at a high school stadium, Dan A or the show coordinator should have told Kilts to leave him home that night or not perform. Really simple since Larson had restrictions against being on school property. 

I HATE LARSON AND BELIEVE HE SHOULD BE PUBLICLY CASTRATED AND HUMILIATED 

Interesting... to my knowledge, there's no mechanism for show hosts to check performance rosters that I ever experienced.  And I think most show hosts (read: high school band volunteers) would shrink away from approaching the issue.

I would never agree as a host to such a responsibility, and I would absolutely presume that DCI performs that function as part of their collecting information on every performance unit at their shows.

No, DCI approves the lineup, not the host.  Even in corps-hosted shows, I'm very sure (but not 100% sure).

Edited by garfield

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m the first to admit that I’m 61 years old,  I’ve been in or around drum corps for over 50 years.  The years blend together and I’ve had two very traumatic experiences since 2012.  

I HATE LARSON AND BELIEVE HE SHOULD BE PUBLICLY CASTRATED AND HUMILIATED 

OMG, so true.

That's why I have every piece of media history and performance all the way back to the 1970's albums.  One day I'll need/want to research or know something.  Keeping it all straight in my head is a waste, and thank God I have the DCW history books.  Those things fill in all kinds of gaps.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

Just now, garfield said:

OMG, so true.

That's why I have every piece of media history and performance all the way back to the 1970's albums.  One day I'll need/want to research or know something.  Keeping it all straight in my head is a waste, and thank God I have the DCW history books.  Those things fill in all kinds of gaps.

I don’t know why I think I can remember drum corps years when I have post it notes on my kitchen counter reminding what I have to do every day. 

• Haha 1