“Failure to Protect”

13 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

This is a video of JOBE playing at semi finals in 2015.  Larson plays in a trio and a solo/duet. 

!!!Off Topic Alert!!!

My kiddo was watching this over my shoulder and he then asked me. "Were these people actually taught to play like that? Do people REALLY think this is good?"

HA HA HA HA

Ok, back to the topic at hand.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Can’t bring myself to look at it ....puke...

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

oh and wasn’t Pioneer supposed to have a plan for their future in for approval? Or are the Blenskis still trying to hang on?

They are, from what I've heard. This won't end well for them, but it will end. 

35 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

!!!Off Topic Alert!!!

My kiddo was watching this over my shoulder and he then asked me. "Were these people actually taught to play like that? Do people REALLY think this is good?"

HA HA HA HA

hahahahahaha!

Classic.

I couldn't agree more.

25 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

They are, from what I've heard. This won't end well for them, but it will end. 

sadly not surprised.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spatzzz said:

!!!Off Topic Alert!!!

HA HA HA HA

Since I knew who was playing with them, I waited until they came on and then I got up and left.  I guess I felt the need to make a statement. 

GH waived his right to hearing, next court date is in February. Any legal experts that can shed light on what waving the hearing means?

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, garfield said:

The only "affiliation" is the ability to do a performance at a DCI-run Soundsport show.  There are no rules, per se, in Soundsport.  No judging.  No captions.  No requirements except pay the fee and show up.

Some DCI shows used to allow DLB and SS performances but timing rarely allows for any sort of actual competition.  Plus, there are so few SS teams available to do a show that DCI, essentially, promotes one actual SS event in the season then the events on the plaza during finals week.

But, again, performing units PAY A FEE to perform.  It would be a stretch to say that SS teams are affiliated with DCI; they only have the chance to perform at a DCI event if there is one scheduled and, typically, these groups do many other non-DCI performances in addition.

OK - pls allow me to use an extreme hypothetical to ask a queston / illustrate a point:

What if there was a SoundSport group with membership that consisting ONLY of individuals accused of misconduct by DCI/DCA/DCP/Reddit/& our intrepid reporter for a major metropolitan newspaper (GH, Moody, Morrrison,  Stevens, Acheson, etc.  RB could drive the bus).  I even have a name for them -"Leper Colony" ($0.02 to Sy Bartlett).

Would they be allowed to perform?

Again - I am not advocating this - just using it as an example to see what the reply is

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
more better English
  • Haha 2