“Failure to Protect”

7 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

GH waived his right to hearing, next court date is in February. Any legal experts that can shed light on what waving the hearing means?

could be a ton of options.

wonder if he would name names to try and get off easier?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Just speculating but he may be thinking that if he’s going down, they’re all going down. 

Could it be that he's going to try to plea out?

Again, I have no idea, just speculating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

OK - pls allow me to use an extreme hypothetical to ask a queston / illustrate a point:

What is there was a SoundSport group with membership that consisting ONLY of individuals accused of misconduct by DCI/DCA/DCP/Reddit/& our intrepid reporter for a major metropolitan newspaper (GH, Moody, Morrrison,  Stevens, Acheson, etc.  RB could drive the bus).  I even have a name for them -"Leper Colony" ($0.02 to Sy Bartlett).

Would they be allowed to perform?

Again - I am not advocating this - just using it as an example to see what the reply is

What if someone told DCI before the show that there were predators in said corps? 

Throwing another topic point out there 

• Like 1

Hello. I was wondering, does anyone know if Fred Morrison is still the executive director of the Crossmen drum and bugle corps?  I heard he hired as assistant a person he knew had lost his teaching license due to sexting underage students. I also heard he paid to have someone try to cover up this person’s past. Geeze, based on this I can’t imagine the Crossmen’s board of directors not immediately removing Fred Morrison. I would think parents and fans would stop supporting the Crossmen financially until Fred Morrison is removed. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

wonder if he would name names to try and get off easier?

I'm confused; are there other individuals also suspected of having sexually assaulted the same victims of Hopkins' alleged assaults?

This is a case based on very specific state charges: you don't get off from the laws of your state because you can relay hearsay information about other people in other states who have nothing to do with the case you're being charged on.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Hello. I was wondering, does anyone know if Fred Morrison is still the executive director of the Crossmen drum and bugle corps?  I heard he hired as assistant a person he knew had lost his teaching license due to sexting underage students. I also heard he paid to have someone try to cover up this person’s past. Geeze, based on this I can’t imagine the Crossmen’s board of directors not immediately removing Fred Morrison. I would think parents and fans would stop supporting the Crossmen financially until Fred Morrison is removed. 

Still listed as Executive/corps director on web site. Weird thing is it took a lot more effort to find DAs name on DCI site. With FM top of staff page... FM?... how appropriate 

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Probably.  I posted it only to show that he was at the playing at the biggest drum corps event of the year. 

I'm thinking, there is a legal sticky wicket. Really, really sticky. The venue isn't a school venue, and he's not with a youth-affiliated group. Whether any of us like it or not- he likely has the right to do this, much like he'd have the right to perform in a jazz club with an adult-only band or combo.

Now, that being said, After being convicted of molesting a member of the Capitolaires as its director and effectively wrecking the corps, who would want him doing a corps affiliated gig with them? I personally wouldn't want that, but that's just me speaking for myself. That's an ethical and moral question, not a legal one.

Keep in mind I worked as a volunteer at the Camp Hill State prison in college and occasionally discuss these kinds of matters with a good friend who's a member of the Prison Society. While all of us want criminals to do their time/ serve their punishment/see justice done/want victims to be treated with fairness and serious consideration....there also needs to be lines of fairness as well for the convicted, and I'm discovering a crossing into a very gray area of it here.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

given the silence the last several times you asked, i would assume, no, we don't know, or someone would have posted 

1 minute ago, BigW said:

I'm thinking, there is a legal sticky wicket. Really, really sticky. The venue isn't a school venue, and he's not with a youth-affiliated group. Whether any of us like it or not- he likely has the right to do this, much like he'd have the right to perform in a jazz club with an adult-only band or combo.

Now, that being said, After being convicted of molesting a member of the Capitolaires as its director and effectively wrecking the corps, who would want him doing a corps affiliated gig with them? I personally wouldn't want that, but that's just me speaking for myself. That's an ethical and moral question, not a legal one.

Keep in mind I worked as a volunteer at the Camp Hill State prison in college and occasionally discuss these kinds of matters with a good friend who's a member of the Prison Society. While all of us want criminals to do their time/ serve their punishment/see justice done/want victims to be treated with fairness and serious consideration....there also needs to be lines of fairness as well for the convicted, and I'm discovering a crossing into a very gray area of it here.

I wasn’t thinking legalities at all.  I was thinking optics. 

• Like 1