“Failure to Protect”

17 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Well, this thread has drifted into a weird place. I’m still wondering why Fred Morrison’s failure to protect is not being dealt with. Disappointing. 

15 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

to be honest ( since you ignored me when i replied to you bringing this up earlier)....it may be being dealt with, we don't know yet. i expect we would know more after the Januals

WHY THE FLIPPITY FLIP DOES IT HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE JANUALS?!?!?!  THE GUY HIRED A PERSON WHO LOST HIS TEACHING LICENS E FOR SENDING SEXUALLY EXPLICIT MESSAGES  TO A CHILD & PAID A SOMEONE TO HELP COVER UP THE FACTS

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
accuracy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BigW said:

I read the tresona statement awhile ago, and part of it is that they're not tied to a college or High School, and also because they are in effect multi million dollar corporations in their eyes, yes.

Think you hit that on the head a multi-million dollar Organization. Case in point The Mummers they still fly under the radar like drum corps did with tresona and play the same music. Follow the money it opens eyes.

14 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Think you hit that on the head a multi-million dollar Organization. Case in point The Mummers they still fly under the radar like drum corps did with tresona and play the same music. Follow the money it opens eyes.

True... though I don't think the Mummers have ever laid claim to being an educational organization. :satisfied:

Edited by BigW
  • Haha 1

How much time would be appropriate to wait and see what happens before expecting some solutions?

How transparent should DCI be about the process?

Right now, I'm not seeing anything encouraging. Just a couple of perfunctory releases on their website that offer zero solutions and talk about an ad hoc code of conduct last summer that we all know was poorly enforced. 

26 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

WHY THE FLIPPITY FLIP DOES IT HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE JANUALS?!?!?!  THE GUY HIRED A PERSON WHO LOST HIS TEACHING LICENS E FOR SENDING SEXUALLY EXPLICIT MESSAGES  TO A CHILD & PAID A SOMEONE TO HELP COVER UP THE FACTS

Good question. Pride? No one else can do it mentality?

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Or you just ramble. Never said you weren’t welcome. Just headache inducing trying to figure out what you mean and where you’re going.

no fear I’ve told Brasso he’s headache inducing too

Ramble On good song. I respect your comments and the fact that you Terri, George and I am sure there are others that just don't anonymously hide behind a keyboard, that takes courage today. Terri knows who I am my name is Doug Medina so if folks here who want to waste their time psychoanalyzing me they have a real person to attack go for it.  I just hope BRASSO does not charge too much for his services.

My objective is to get to movers and shakers running dci which we know come here to read our comments. It's easy enough just to ignore me. But sending me a photo of a crying baby that was funny but me responding with another funny about the sandbox is looked at in isolation and BRASSO thinks I should live the afterlife in hell because I didn't play well in the sandbox, that is also funny.

With all due respect to the veterans of DCP my comments are not directed at you, they are directed at dci through the only means I have to get to them.

8 minutes ago, Lance said:

How much time would be appropriate to wait and see what happens before expecting some solutions?

How transparent should DCI be about the process?

Right now, I'm not seeing anything encouraging. Just a couple of perfunctory releases on their website that offer zero solutions and talk about an ad hoc code of conduct last summer that we all know was poorly enforced. 

Have to agree at this point. Unless one or more of the people at the meeting start raising hell and bopping heads how this could kill everything I see nothing except same old. Irony is DCI started because they felt VFW was hurting corps moving into the future... well same here except the future here is what needs to be done to protect people in corps

13 minutes ago, BigW said:

True... though I don't think the Mummers have ever laid claim to being an educational organization. :satisfied:

Haven’t noticed any articles how licensing is affecting the Mummers. Probably under the radar and no one raising a stink so we don’t hear anything. 

6 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

My objective is to get to movers and shakers running dci which we know come here to read our comments... With all due respect to the veterans of DCP my comments are not directed at you, they are directed at dci through the only means I have to get to them.

Now that is funny right there!!!!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

Now that is funny right there!!!!

I don't deserve this attention but thanks. I am too busy looking past all this nonsense to get to folks that deserve the abuse that I get here. But if one point, one comment hits home from any of us on DCP, it's a good day and worth it, if I need to have a target on my back then so be it, I am a big boy.