“Failure to Protect”

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

BRASSO thinks I should live the afterlife in hell because I didn't play well in the sandbox,.

haha!. 

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

nd your positive suggestions would be?

Not suggestions it's the posture. If dci thinks Fred is in the way he would not be at the meeting. They didn't wait to January to kick him off the board, put Cadets on probation or suspend Pioneer. They can still oust Crossmen and make that happen. Then that sets the tone of the meeting. Short of that happening from their perspective all indicators are that they already dealt with Fred, a non-issue at the meeting.

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

My objective is to get to movers and shakers running dci which we know come here to read our comments. .

With all due respect to the veterans of DCP my comments are not directed at you, they are directed at dci through the only means I have to get to them.

and here I was thinking they have a email and a mail address to contact them directly one on one. :biggrin:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Stu, you know we love you, but I don’t understand this retort. And you’re not the only one who’s made it. What is the point of saying it?  Do you want him to stop posting here?  I don’t understand about 3/4 of what he’s posting, but at least he’s here. There are so few offseason posters already. Why drive more away?  Where has Garfield gone?  I wasn’t agreeing with him recently but at least he was posting and giving me something to think about. So can we stop discouraging posting?

Can't speak for Garfield, but I left for about a year. Way before the news broke about GH many were posting that offenders needed a second chance in DCI while others were posting that unalienable privacy rights be danged and in the name of safety if the innocent rights were invaded so be it.  I got fed up and left posting but not reading. This particular poster brought me back into posting, on Christmas day of all days,  when he resurrected the subject that only the guilty need privacy.  He has also posted that this forum is his only means of getting at DCI.  I am pointing out that the leadership of DCI are personable and can be contacted by various means.  This sandbox called DCP has been, and likely will be, a site in which people can enter, leave, banter, stay silent, etc... as long as they follow the rules set forth by the Mods.  If he wants to stay and banter, great.  If he wants to leave, also great.  But contrarian views will be challenged, and humor will abound.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

No, what is sad is that you believe that this forum is the only means you have to get in contact with DCI when Dan, Sue, David, Bob, etc... are all very personable and easily accessible. You (your wife) can request them as friends on Facebook and send them a message, you can see them at shows and introduce yourself, they are a friendly bunch of folks; just be friendly to them is all it takes.

Are you thickheaded I don't have facebook and have a devoted following here why would I give all that up?

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

shows and introduce yourself, they are a friendly bunch of folks; just be friendly to them is all it takes.

Is this the "dci plunge protection planet" Oh your not thickheaded you did point that out. I am not out to meet friendly folks and many of my friends that tried that didn't think they are that friendly. The mission is the help clean up drum corps and we all have our own way of doing so, you don't need to like it..

6 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Is this the "dci plunge protection planet" Oh your not thickheaded you did point that out. I am not out to meet friendly folks and many of my friends that tried that didn't think they are that friendly. The mission is the help clean up drum corps and we all have our own way of doing so, you don't need to like it..

You remind me of a Star Trek episode.

The Drumhead

• Like 1