“Failure to Protect”

10 hours ago, MikeD said:

I am not sure school districts would be wiling...or really be legally able...to provide personal information like that to an outside private group. That opens up a legal can of worms not covered by the new Trash law here in NJ. The districts must provide the information on an individual person basis to a new district under the new law, and they are held harmless in doing so. They would not be covered in providing that same information outside of the education system.

Actually, most do openly or you can request info from the others. These links won't show legal action, but they will show if a teacher's license was revoked or surrendered in most cases. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/02/13/state-teacher-background-lookup-resources/80355350/ 

Edited by njthundrrd
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

“Ignore” is such a harsh word 😉. Probably I was agreeing with you but too lazy to respond. Anyway my real motivation here is to not allow Fred Morrison to slip into memory. We need to keep bringing this up. I strongly believe his actions have disqualified him from being the ED of the Crossmen. 

Truth. Why is DCI turning a blind eye to this situation? Come on DCI, just pretend it is the Cadets and do the right thing!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i read your input thoroughly. you veered, then zigged, then zagged, and went off in some wild directions that had even verteran DCP posters getting a sore neck whipping around trying to follow where you were going, always with an air of "i know more than you". 

hence why i asked

How can you say that I am respectful, said to BRASSO I bow to him on issues. I look at things from all angles. I have no air I am just not welcomed, not liked, don't go with the flow.

10 hours ago, MikeD said:

What resources are you thinking DCI should use? They are not part of the education system; they are not schools. 

I don't get it are you defending the schools, Fred or blaming dci for existing.or just attacking me. Why is it me that always gets schooled on my comments? Instead of working together to benefit dci there is way too much focus on what I am posting. Is this a site about drum corps or is it the schools can't do any wrong site. Go bully someone else it has no effect on me.

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

The article described it as "bury Moody’s past in online search results".  I think that means the information would still be "in online search results", just further down in the lists.

Interesting.... so somehow load a bunch of new or more pertinent “Moody” data on the web.... All depends on how deep someone would look or how they would use advanced/compound search (Moody+.....). 

ps I forgot how your quote was worded and makes things clearer

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Nice I am an easy target but not the only baby on this site. But one would lose their popularity if they called anyone else out. On this site it's all about popularity and controlling the narrative I just don't play nice in the sandbox and am not going to change now. But nice try.

11 hours ago, MikeD said:

What resources are you thinking DCI should use?

Sorry for the rant, just letting off some steam. However, the resources I am talking about is the pass the trash directive. As you describe it's a referral rule between school districts that gets at the truth when the trash tries to switch school districts, they by law must be honest. The question is what if the same person in the school district received a call from Jersey Surf/Bushwackers on any Jersey Corps about the same individual do they get the run around or do they get an honest response?  

7 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Nice I am an easy target but not the only baby on this site. But one would lose their popularity if they called anyone else out. On this site it's all about popularity and controlling the narrative I just don't play nice in the sandbox and am not going to change now. But nice try.

Good grief Charle Brown. In this sandbox, for example, Jeff and I have thrown sand in each other's eye, we have both been put in time out by the Mods who keep the sandbox in order, and neither one of us cares about popular points; and neither one of us has cried woe is me; and yet Jeff and I still have great civil discussions.  Watch the scene in the movie Lean On Me where Robert Guillaume and Morgan Freeman go toe to toe then go get something to eat. That resembles this sandbox.