“Failure to Protect”

11 hours ago, MikeD said:

Fred may or may not have done "something", but there is still a lot of online info out there that many of us have seen on his staff member. We have  not idea what Fred did; there was a one-liner in a news report that said "somebody" saw a receipt on Fred's desk or something about paying for some online "scrubbing" company to do something to hide online information. 

That single line in a news report, that one anonymous person said they saw, has been blown up here on DCP in an almost hysterical manner. 

School districts in states without a Trash law are constrained by the existing laws in what they can and can't say. If parents do not prosecute the offender, there is little a school district can do, unless the person's license is suspended. As was the case here in NJ, the un-prosecuted offender would normally be forced to resign, and that would be the end of it. If the person applied for a new teaching job, the person would be able to sue the original district if that district said anything. Why? Because the person who resigned is technically a teacher in good standing, if no legal case was brought. All the original district could report is that the teacher taught from X to Y and then resigned their position. 

That is why these new Trash laws are great; they permit the original district to pass along the reason for the resignation...actually mandate that the original district do so.

What resources are you thinking DCI should use? They are not part of the education system; they are not schools. 

Hysterical? No. But let’s discuss ethics perception a second. Fred knew about Moody obviously but only stepped down from the board chair spot after it became public outside of DCp. Now there’s possible evidence he may have tried to pay to make it go away. We have a president under investigation for trying to pay to make a problem go away.

now consider he and his wife have power on the board. Look at dci’s Stance on Pioneer and their board makeup. Plus look st their approach to the old yea board. So is dci going to be consistent across the board? Remember Roman was trying to give someone a second chance too.

perception is reality and right now the perception of dci to many, on and off of here is way too much shadiness for way too long for an organization that claims is about the kids but for decades did nothing to police this stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, MikeD said:

Claiming they are "about education" and being part of the actual education system are not the same thing. Sure, lots of non-school activities, including but not limited to drum corps, teach students, but they are not part of the school systems in the legal sense.

That claim has gotten them a lot of breaks in terms of cost, sponsorships etc. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Man.... I could use some financial help.  Perhaps I can declare myself to be all about education. :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

But only in the same manner as the Little League World Series getting cost breaks and securing Canon, Gatorade, Dick's Sporting Goods as sponors. You have stated many times that DCI's claim they are Major League is just a marketing moniker. Same goes here. Neither DCI nor the LLWS are academic institutions in the real or legal sense.

Edited by Stu

12 hours ago, MikeD said:

a news report that said "somebody" saw a receipt on Fred's desk or something about paying for some online "scrubbing" company to do something to hide online information. 

I have been wondering about that as well. You don't pop into CVS put your foot in a Dr. Scholls machine for your scrub and get a receipt on the way out. There are no airs about me all I do is research things on the net indicate that is where the info is from, none of this is about me or you or anyone else on DCP.

So I researched firms that provide this service using Google, none to be found there but the dark web is a different story. Now they don't send you a printed receipt. The whole receipt thing could be a fabrication but the fact that this did occur probably isn't or else the newspaper would have been called out on reporting it in the first place. It's even scarier dci needs the dark web, wow!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

... The whole receipt thing could be a fabrication but the fact that this did occur probably isn't or else the newspaper would have been called out on reporting it in the first place. It's even scarier dci needs the dark web, wow!

You make leaps of assumption, belive them, and present as fact that DCI needs the dark web, then cry woe is me when called out. Get it now Bulzes?!

Edited by Stu
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

You make leaps of assumption, belive them, and present as fact that DCI needs the dark web, then cry woe is me when called out. Get it now Bulzes?!

It's a discussion I question things nothing I present is fact and folks should not be that thinned skin or self absorbed to take it like that, this is about the kids being involved in an Organization that has been known to do questionable things. I don't know how Fred did it but for me, I would need to go to places other than Google. 

Why doesn't DCP put a list together on who can question dci's motives and who can not?

Edited by Bluzes
typo

The internet “scrubbing” and the receipt on the table. Let’s muddy this all up. 

Let us not forget that Fred Morrison hired Joel Moody with full knowledge of his past. And when this was exposed, Fred Morrison stepped down from the DCI BOD. But, somehow, this doesn’t disqualify him in the view of Dan Acheson et al. to remain as ED of the Crossmen?  Can someone explain to me how this is acceptable?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

Let’s muddy this all up. 

I am with you Hockey Dad it's all muddied up. What happened, happened no question. There is more to the story and we all hope the ending is were Fred leaves the activity.

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

Few pages back Terri said there were sites offering clean up services. I googled and found them too.

• Thanks 2