“Failure to Protect”

1 hour ago, year1buick said:

I’ve seen so many wink-wink, in the know comments in the past months that I feel like must be the only one who doesn’t know who everyone is talking about when they say, “wait till you see what comes next,” or “this is only the tip of the iceberg.” 

Scroll through the past couple months of active threads. Note some that seem out of place.

1 hour ago, garfield said:

I also have direct knowledge of a corps that was DISCIPLINED for skipping a scheduled food delivery to a host school.  The kids had no dinner meal before or after their show.

Then there was the time a corps was disciplined and their director was made to write a letter of apology to a host school for allowing its senior staff to exit the school after lights-out to "go have a few beers", leaving junior staff tech in charge.  When the janitor returned (after locking all the doors) to find doors propped open (in the middle of the night) and kids literally laying on top of one another in the gym...

The principle and his staff were on FIRE.  DCI disciplines corps ALL THE TIME on participant safety issues all the time.

But, as one prominent director wrote recently, most of what comes out of DCI was flat-out ignored by the member corps.

name names. and DCI should too

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

The solution is to develop a culture where victims and witnesses feel comfortable to report activity they think is wrong and where the activity's leadership takes swift corrective action to investigate possible wrongdoing and remove and report actual miscreants.

...and for prosecutors to grow a pair and prosecute these people!  Background checks don't show those things not prosecuted and as far as I know, there is no national database. 😞

42 minutes ago, garfield said:

Why the H-E-Double-Drumsticks should I HAVE to make proofing statements?  I made the point that the article is incorrect.  If the paper is going to release these accusations into the public, they dang-well have an obligation to be fair, balanced, and truthful.

Little ole' me pointing out three errors in an article of this import should raise some eyebrows, and not because it's me.

Jeff used incorrect words to make an invalid point.  Sorry if that twisted your boxers!  

so he's right it's about word smithing. You're the new Brasso!!

39 minutes ago, garfield said:

Thanks for that! 

Facts don't matter!  Rejoice!

Please demand accuracy from the author with the same vigor with which you sharpen your tines and thrust them at me.

I demand transparency from DCI, which based on your earlier post, you KNOW of something, but offer nothing concrete. The article offers lots of concrete. DCI hides behind #### poorly written press releases

34 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

What names weren't listed?  Might as well blow it all up into the open now. 

as I said earlier for months a few names have been mentioned. I do not possess enough hard evidence to post them because if i am wrong, my ### is in a courtroom and i'm losing a lot of money. I feel pretty confident what I have heard is right, but i am not dying on that hill for DCP

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Thank god we have you here to keep us focused on what's actually important. Otherwise we might be busy discussing silly things like the systemic abuse that has existed in drum corps for decades. *whew*

You’re welcome!  I’m here to serve. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, bullethead said:

BTW, in one of your posts:

"Little ole' me pointing out three errors in an article of this import should raise some eyebrows, and not because it's me. Jeff used incorrect words to make an invalid point..."

I think you meant to say "important".......not that it makes a difference.

Not that I want to interrupt the same back and forth playground games being offered up by the same five or six DCP posters we've seen for the past several years here, but his use of the word "import" is indeed correct.

Edited by seen-it-all
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

Not that I want to interrupt the same back and forth playground games being offered up by the same five or six DCP posters we've seen for the past several years here, but his use of the word "import" is indeed correct.

I stand corrected.

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I demand transparency from DCI, which based on your earlier post, you KNOW of something, but offer nothing concrete. The article offers lots of concrete. DCI hides behind #### poorly written press releases

I don’t know what post you’re speaking to. 

“Disciplined”

She said no corps have been disciplined over participant safety issues. False.