“Failure to Protect”

5 minutes ago, geluf said:

"Hmmmm some people are a little TOO mad about sexual predators I tell you what!  Makes you think!"

Did you like the part where he implied you might have something to hide because you're actually upset about this?  That was my favorite bit.

Bingo!  Winner winner chicken dinner!  

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

Not sure.  But if it is cleaning up, it is good news either way.

As you point out, there are two ways that could work:

1.  The people are learning to stop making questionable hires, and purge those made previously.

2.  The process compels those people to put sentiment aside, stop making questionable hires, and purge those made previously.

Whether via people or process, if it works, that is good news.

Not picking on you or your opinion but will pick out some of your words to make my point clearer.

learning to stop making questionable hires and compels those people to.... What bothers me is the idea is they are being forced (compelled) to act different and not because they believe what has been done is wrong.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

“Scott Stewart, then the executive director of the Kilties, in an interview said he has known Larson since he was 10 and decided to let him march because he had served his time and should not be kept from doing “something he loved.”

If the guy had served time for, say, buying a dime bag of pot when he was a knucklehead 21-year-old... sure.  There but for the grace of God go a lot of us.

But something to do with children?  Holy mackerel. Wow.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, flammaster said:

Project much?

My voice DOES project rather well, and I will be using it to steer young people away from DCI until such time as the activity can be trusted to not allowed said young people to become victims of sexual abuse.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

worse what part of don't ####### hire those people is so hard to understand?

I think the author of the article touches on why. The incestual nature (my use of the word) of hiring in the "good-ole-boy-network" is one of the issues. The other that isn't quite touched on is the desire/pressure to win/place well, and obviously to several corps that's at any cost. Also obvious is the desire to bring in known talent however corrupt or criminal rather than bring in someone unknown or unproven.

It angers me on an ethical level as well as other areas to boot. I wonder how many talented and well-educated people that would provide fantastic instruction are thinking, "They hired THAT and didn't even give me a shot or interview!?"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, geluf said:

My voice DOES project rather well, and I will be using it to steer young people away from DCI until such time as the activity can be trusted to not allowed said young people to become victims of sexual abuse.

That was funny even though the little drama queen knows who I was talking to. Not you.

1 hour ago, geluf said:

THAT'S your take-away from this?  OK.

Anyway, good lord Fred Morrison needs to resign immediately.  No one should be sending kids to the Crossman while he's still in charge.  Paying a service to bury Moody's past?  That is mustache-twirling villain levels of insanity.

When this came out and was discussed here, it was obvious then he needed to politely and quietly pass the baton. And, there were those who also spoke up for him and his character. 

I wonder why the Texas news outlets don't think there is any value in covering the Crossmen and Genesis stories considering how big marching band is in the state? They can only do so much at philly.com if it's not local.

7 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

If the guy had served time for, say, buying a dime bag of pot when he was a knucklehead 21-year-old... sure.  There but for the grace of God go a lot of us.

But something to do with children?  Holy mackerel. Wow.

There are still people in positions of authority and board members with the Kilties now who were fine with him being there then. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1