Dec 21st message from Drum Corps International

sadly as I read it, i just hear the Charlie Brown teachers voice

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No signature or I missed it.!  I wondered who authored it now I know Charlie Brown's teacher. Thanks for cuing me in :whistle:

In my opinion, absorbing today's press release dci is not leaning towards sweeping changes throughout the origination and certainly not head rolls. Dci through rebuttals addressed key issues by pointing to their own links. IMO that's it, the January Meetings will be business as usual with some direct focus on the issues at hand. Like special workshops dedicated to sexual harassment awareness and proper vetting. 

Where does that leave constructive discussion on DCP. Does anyone see things differently and still foresee sweeping changes coming out of the January meetings? I believe DCP as a whole has (fairly) came to conclusions and changes that need to occur but today dci painted a different picture. 

I been in the trenches here, made assumptions, been wrong and was sometimes right. Unintentionally pushed hot buttons. Getting beat up by you folks has been good and made me see differently at times, all good, thanks. 

However there were times when I received private email from corps staff and others that seemed very close to dci asking me to take posts down. My action was to delete them because they asked, No problem didn't want to impact their livelihood and the post already got the message out. 

My point MM contracts, don't go there scares the heck out of them. Getting between the parents and the kids. I have been told in no uncertain terms don't rile up the parents. It is a hot button that I am not advocating pushing or would push in isolation, just laying it out there. In light of current events.  

Edited by Bluzes
typo

Have to add  a little video to cover Jeff's summation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6p1Ck0ab80

Right on target without casting horrendous aspersions. :beer:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DCVNVET said:

Have to add  a little video to cover Jeff's summation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6p1Ck0ab80

Right on target without casting horrendous aspersions. :beer:

Jeeze Charlie Brown is still around, my kid is over 40 and I can still recite the script. Hooray for Charlie Brown had never offended anyone.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

47 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Jeeze Charlie Brown is still around, my kid is over 40 and I can still recite the script. Hooray for Charlie Brown had never offended anyone.

Loads of people were offended when he introduced the character Franklin to the comic strip. He and his syndicator held firm. Imagine being triggered over a cartoon kid. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bluzes said:

We still had a black and white tv when it came out. Got one just in time for great pumpkin premiere.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Vetting and hiring processes will be improved.... never says if that is for employees of DCI or the corps themselves. And earlier statements said DCI can not control who corps hire. But if you take this statement at face value you might think it means corps

If you’re rushed for time I can provide a very short one word summary of the message:  Meh. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 2