Dec 21st message from Drum Corps International

9 hours ago, Bluzes said:

In my opinion, absorbing today's press release dci is not leaning towards sweeping changes throughout the origination and certainly not head rolls. Dci through rebuttals addressed key issues by pointing to their own links. IMO that's it, the January Meetings will be business as usual with some direct focus on the issues at hand. Like special workshops dedicated to sexual harassment awareness and proper vetting. 

Where does that leave constructive discussion on DCP. Does anyone see things differently and still foresee sweeping changes coming out of the January meetings? I believe DCP as a whole has (fairly) came to conclusions and changes that need to occur but today dci painted a different picture. 

I been in the trenches here, made assumptions, been wrong and was sometimes right. Unintentionally pushed hot buttons. Getting beat up by you folks has been good and made me see differently at times, all good, thanks. 

However there were times when I received private email from corps staff and others that seemed very close to dci asking me to take posts down. My action was to delete them because they asked, No problem didn't want to impact their livelihood and the post already got the message out. 

My point MM contracts, don't go there scares the heck out of them. Getting between the parents and the kids. I have been told in no uncertain terms don't rile up the parents. It is a hot button that I am not advocating pushing or would push in isolation, just laying it out there. In light of current events.  

discussion on DCp happens regardless of what DCI does, and in fact, usually they ignore us. but we keep discussing. 

52 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

discussion on DCp happens regardless of what DCI does, and in fact, usually they ignore us. but we keep discussing. 

yep dci might as well be a teenager or a wall no difference.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Here is a discussion I would have with Fred if I was his peer. I have been there in business myself and always spoke up.

Fred perception is reality and regardless of your good intentions, your actions are shedding a negative light on a bad situation. The fact that you stepped down from the BOD but remain a Corps director is worse than us keeping you on the board and doing nothing. Because now it appears that the BOD knowing you prefer to hang out with pervs were afraid for their own safety so they shipped you out so it's just the kids that feel unsafe, do the right thing and remove yourself from the activity.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

3 hours ago, Bluzes said:

yep dci might as well be a teenager or a wall no difference.

Oh they read it despite the denials

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Oh they read it despite the denials

I know your right and that they have kids of their own in all kinds of youth activities, where are their heads at? They read the articles they know these individuals are everywhere and dci needs stronger safeguards (no passing the buck onto the corps). The same safeguards they expect for their children in whatever activities they are in.

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Well, the discussion could be where do we go from here? What are our expectations in light of the recent press release? It would be nice if we heard from the Corps collectively ( Is there a  spoke person) that they will follow dci recommendations on hiring. I would like to believe all the Corps want this and just need to fit the costs into their budgets. Dci is seeking a National Vendor that the Corps could benefit from economies of scale. Although I read posts that drum corps jobs are hard to find so how many new hires are there per Corps? It would be a shame to discover some Corps just can afford the expense.

24 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Well, the discussion could be where do we go from here? What are our expectations in light of the recent press release? It would be nice if we heard from the Corps collectively ( Is there a  spoke person) that they will follow dci recommendations on hiring. I would like to believe all the Corps want this and just need to fit the costs into their budgets. Dci is seeking a National Vendor that the Corps could benefit from economies of scale. Although I read posts that drum corps jobs are hard to find so how many new hires are there per Corps? It would be a shame to discover some Corps just can afford the expense.

Where do we go from here has been discussed many times. But will they willingly give up power to make that happen?

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Where do we go from here has been discussed many times. But will they willingly give up power to make that happen?

There is nothing that has not been thoroughly discussed here. Willingly they are ducking their heads in the sand. The circle jerk continues and the buck keeps getting passed back and forth. Dci is just the booking agent when they want to be and the Corps are independent, till they want to march with an Accordion then they need permission from the booking agent. Like Bruce Hornsby needs permission.

The atmosphere mirrors the relationship between sports leagues (dci) and the players union (Corps). Do the MM's need a union? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

There is nothing that has not been thoroughly discussed here. Willingly they are ducking their heads in the sand. The circle jerk continues and the buck keeps getting passed back and forth. Dci is just the booking agent when they want to be and the Corps are independent, till they want to march with an Accordion then they need permission from the booking agent. Like Bruce Hornsby needs permission.

The atmosphere mirrors the relationship between sports leagues (dci) and the players union (Corps). Do the MM's need a union? 

Class action suit by members for failure to provide a safe environment???

• Like 1