Let The Pendulum Swing Back

4 hours ago, Stu said:

While we are happy that you got a new Victrola from Santa for Christmas, 78rpm records, though drum corps retro, actully dates to pre 1972 DCI.

Yes. I knew of a copy of the Longshoremen's VFW championship year existing on 78 somewhere. Heard a cassette dub of it.

8 hours ago, Stu said:

So now you contend that Churchill meant exactly what he said; that if she were his wife he would have in fact drank the poison and killed himself because he so despised the woman.  Sarcasm is cutting, but not 'always' of the opposite meaning via irony as you contend.  Sarcasm can be satirical; using cutting mockery, ridicule, and disdain to point out someone else's vice. Churchill meant this retort as cutting satirical sarcasm, a quick quip to shut her down from her own satirical sarcasm, and not as a statement of fact.  Moreover, what is and is not funny is purely subjective. But dude, you are on a roll, keep the spinning wheel rotating!!

I am overwhelmed by your cutting sarcasm and wit and will therefore stop the pendulum, since a pendulum needs outside energy to keep oscillating.  I expect you to not be the "outside energy".

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

what no 78 LP?

78 LP is an oxymoron.  What you really want is an Edison cylinder.  That is closer to a valveless bugle.

• Haha 1

On 12/22/2018 at 5:54 PM, 81Freelancers said:

With the news about sexual predators running rampant in the ranks of major corps, DCI may be brought down. Hopefully, a new organization will take it's place with more traditional and progressive rules. 

yeah, kids with zero military background wearing faux military uniforms will do a lot to stop sexual predation

insightful!

2 minutes ago, Lance said:

yeah, kids with zero military background wearing faux military uniforms will do a lot to stop sexual predation

insightful!

Only a handful of corps were still "fuax military" by the mid-2000's or so.

I do wish corps were more identifiable. I love the way BD does it where the uniform is always a bit different, but you can still tell it's BD.

• Like 1