Pioneer News From The Top – December 22nd

Seriously who is responsible for the web page and do they have a clue what is going on. Think RB if not more people have just lost it mentally and think they can continue same old same old. What line of crap does RB feed them?

waiting for newest reddit link. Googled and sad to say OC comes up in other searches

btw in the website Administration is “to be announced”

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Whistling as they approach the graveyard that awaits them in Indy next month, but it's not sure why. It's time for them to liquidate the equipment, pay off any bills, and distribute the remainder, if any, to other non profits, as per the IRS's requirements. Pio is done.

Edited by Slingerland

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

People are being mean to me....

In other news Pioneer leadership doesn’t get it. Apparently they’d rather have no corps than change their team out. Looks to me like they will be getting their wish. 

Please tell me no kids are trying out for this clown circus. 

have they even had a camp?

They don't get it. They won't be allowed to play in the sandbox in until the name Blenski is not involved in any way shape or form. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was wondering about recruiting myself. Next story in the webpage is about St Patrick’s day parade and looking for alumni and MEMBERS ( my emphasis) to march

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Overall, this statement is not a shocker and it does show that there is no public relations person involved. A simple "Merry Christmas and thank you for all who support us. The past few years have been challenging and we look forward to working with DCI and our board to ensure a better and safer future for our corps." would have been sufficient. 

I'm not sure I see this comment as Pioneer not getting it, I see it as circling the wagons. The criticism of Pioneer has been well deserved, and given the seriousness of the many situations the corps has faced, both DCI coming down hard and the media attention are warranted,  but on Reddit and Facebook, and in some cases this site, some of the criticism has been constructive, but some has been off the wall, and with the amount and for a while the constant pace of the criticism, it's natural to circle the wagons and institutions do tend to circle the wagons.  

This is why I said after things surfaced this fall and we learned that what was rumor in the summer was in many cases fact that Pioneer probably should have been disbanded. The problems were serious enough in nature that saving the corps and earning trust and credibility would have been next to impossible. A fresh start would have been far better and it would have been much easier to keep the problematic people away from the corps. I understand that starting from scratch would have been difficult, but institutions  develop a culture, and when the culture is unhealthy, and in some cases with Pioneer borderline illegal, saving it is next to impossible. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Please tell me no kids are trying out for this clown circus. 

Well, certainly not for this upcoming season...

12 minutes ago, BigW said:

Yep, them meaniehead "snitches" are the cause of all their grief. Not the buses, the meals, the bungled medical incidents....not the violation by RB of the CC&Ethics.

Remember the “keep it in the corps” comments from the summer?

and Galen.... do we know for sure. Been checking some of the home sites pages and.. just vauge enough not to say anything 

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

Overall, this statement is not a shocker and it does show that there is no public relations person involved. A simple "Merry Christmas and thank you for all who support us. The past few years have been challenging and we look forward to working with DCI and our board to ensure a better and safer future for our corps." would have been sufficient. 

I'm not sure I see this comment as Pioneer not getting it, I see it as circling the wagons. The criticism of Pioneer has been well deserved, and given the seriousness of the many situations the corps has faced, both DCI coming down hard and the media attention are warranted,  but on Reddit and Facebook, and in some cases this site, some of the criticism has been constructive, but some has been off the wall, and with the amount and for a while the constant pace of the criticism, it's natural to circle the wagons and institutions do tend to circle the wagons.  

This is why I said after things surfaced this fall and we learned that what was rumor in the summer was in many cases fact that Pioneer probably should have been disbanded. The problems were serious enough in nature that saving the corps and earning trust and credibility would have been next to impossible. A fresh start would have been far better and it would have been much easier to keep the problematic people away from the corps. I understand that starting from scratch would have been difficult, but institutions  develop a culture, and when the culture is unhealthy, and in some cases with Pioneer borderline illegal, saving it is next to impossible. 

PR person? replace that with ANYONE WITH A ####### CLUE!!

if they had a clue, they would realize anything with Roman involved is a non starter. Any chance he had of staying involved was screwed when he opened his mouth to the press. Honestly the fact he continued to allow the corps to run as it did for years says more than enough. 

• Like 2