Pioneer News From The Top – December 22nd

6 hours ago, Galen said:

I mean, they ARE still suspended from DCI for 2019. Nothing has changed in that regard. That said, it would be reasonable for them to take an optimistic view that they will be reinstated in 2020 and maintain some kind of recruiting network so as to keep some momentum up during the suspension year. It is possible that they're planning other things in 2019 that are not DCI related, so those wouldn't seem pertinent to this discussion.

it would be absolutely foolish for them to assume anything but the total removal of all things Blenski gets them back in. DCI was pretty clear about that in August

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigW said:

If they don't get the "Family" off the BoD and replace them with competent people, even for some interim transition, I agree. I'll wait to see what happens at the Januals.

if the name Blenski is involved, i'll guarantee the result in a few weeks.

they won't like it tho

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

if the name Blenski is involved, i'll guarantee the result in a few weeks.

they won't like it tho

The sad thing to me is I see opportunity and potential. IF the house is cleaned. And Jim and Jeff know what I think about the word "potential". :whistle:

26 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it would be absolutely foolish for them to assume anything but the total removal of all things Blenski gets them back in. DCI was pretty clear about that in August

Yes, it would. And it also hasn't stopped them from ignoring what DCI has been demanding for the last 4 months. So, there you go.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Were they?

If I remember correctly, the only source that ever claimed reinstatement was contingent on Pioneer becoming a Blenski-free zone was you.  (Edit: upon searching, not even finding that much.)

Going back to DCI.org, there is this:

Pioneer leadership informed DCI that it is moving immediately to replace all current members of the Pioneer board of directors along with selecting a new director for the corps. DCI will hold a follow-up meeting with corps leadership next week to discuss further terms of the organization’s suspension.

However, upon careful reading, it is unclear whether sentence 1 is part of the terms of suspension/reinstatement.  All it really says is that Pioneer was planning to make those changes - not that DCI was compelling them to.  

Edited by cixelsyd

So how is that immediate replacing of the board going?

Other than website showing administration to be determined.

35 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So how is that immediate replacing of the board going?

Other than website showing administration to be determined.

It's not.

At a corps business meeting held back in either September or October, it was made very clear by the IBOD that Roman isn't going anywhere and that he will always have a role in the corps' leadership. Which means that the corps can keep their attitude and DCI will remain a Pioneer-free zone going forward until one side blinks. To quote Douglas Adams, we'll see who rusts first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, Galen said:

It's not.

At a corps business meeting held back in either September or October, it was made very clear by the IBOD that Roman isn't going anywhere and that he will always have a role in the corps' leadership. Which means that the corps can keep their attitude and DCI will remain a Pioneer-free zone going forward until one side blinks. To quote Douglas Adams, we'll see who rusts first.

Way i have been reading releases from the corps website too.

Maybe RB needs a Babel fish to translate what DCI is telling him

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Galen said:

To quote Douglas Adams, we'll see who rusts first.

Cannot DCI just tell them no competing in any shows in 19?  If they did, what recourse would Pioneer have?   It might be awful hard to pull off an IC Reverie's stunt.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Cannot DCI just tell them no competing in any shows in 19?  If they did, what recourse would Pioneer have?   It might be awful hard to pull off an IC Reverie's stunt.

Reference for those who aren’t as old as us, Ghost.  😂