Pioneer News From The Top – December 22nd

33 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Cannot DCI just tell them no competing in any shows in 19?  If they did, what recourse would Pioneer have?   It might be awful hard to pull off an IC Reverie's stunt.

Think that's what might happen at the January meeting.

Lol sister was at college wearing a corps shirt and one prof said he was in Reveries. I said to ask him if he was in the sit in. Two days later she called "what the HELL was the sit in? I asked and his jaw hit the ground." Answer was no he missed it by a year or two. Irony is my sister was born little after that VFW nats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Galen said:

At a corps business meeting held back in either September or October, it was made very clear by the IBOD that Roman isn't going anywhere and that he will always have a role in the corps' leadership. 

They tried pitching that to DCI's BOD last month, and it was not, reportedly, well received. The fact that the family is being so tenacious in trying to maintain control of the organization, despite being told that the org is banned from the activity if they're attached, makes me really curious as to what bodies are buried in Pioneerland.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So how is that immediate replacing of the board going?

Other than website showing administration to be determined.

And one of them already replaced because of previous issues.  Thanks to one of those innernet meanieheads who brought out solid proof about the Kilties and Larson.

As I see it.... if you're RB, figure out what assets in the organization are yours, cut some kind of deal, GTFO with any other immediate family member and take a cruise to Bermuda and save the corps if you really cared about its long term viability and stability and get some sun and a rum and coke to boot.

The longer this takes, it raises suspicions to me, warranted or not (wanted to add that emphasis)that somehow they're tied in hip deep in some kind of weird financial deal there.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

They tried pitching that to DCI's BOD last month, and it was not, reportedly, well received. The fact that the family is being so tenacious in trying to maintain control of the organization, despite being told that the org is banned from the activity if they're attached, makes me really curious as to what bodies are buried in Pioneerland.

I feel better that I'm not the only one thinking this. Seriously, thank you. :worthy:

7 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Were they?

If I remember correctly, the only source that ever claimed reinstatement was contingent on Pioneer becoming a Blenski-free zone was you.  (Edit: upon searching, not even finding that much.)

Going back to DCI.org, there is this:

However, upon careful reading, it is unclear whether sentence 1 is part of the terms of suspension/reinstatement.  All it really says is that Pioneer was planning to make those changes - not that DCI was compelling them to.  

They're taking their good old time about it. Counting on my fingers, they've pretty much had 4 months now from mid-August to now to find capable people, and I believe they're out there and that if they went to just about anyone decent and ethical for names, ones would easily be found and recommended that would likely be overqualified for the job. If I'm wrong on the time, kindly correct me. I DID count on my fingers. :doh:

36 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Only contact I ever had with the corps was donating thru support our Pioneer Youth (SOPY). Supposedly tax deductible as went directly to corps then corps adjusted dues of the designated member. My understanding giving money for a members benefit is not tax deductible so wth.

Supposed to get receipt from the corps but never did for the two times I donated. I contacted after second time to make sure no one stole the checks. Got a snarly email from RB saying the member (not the corps) was supposed to send me something (didn't sound like a receipt for taxes to me). He then included the members personal email address apparently without permission as it was after the season. I deleted the email because of that.

Just so off the wall and not matching what corps website said would happen it sticks in my mind. And that RB responded and not someone on the budget or members side showed the micromanagement.

And this was close to 15 years ago so figure it just kept getting worse 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

Cannot DCI just tell them no competing in any shows in 19?  If they did, what recourse would Pioneer have?   It might be awful hard to pull off an IC Reverie's stunt.

DCI already suspended them for 2019, so the first part's already been done. Recourse-wise, they really have none while the Blenskis remain in charge. DCI isn't blinking and may well decide in January to make that one-year suspension permanent for all I kow. They certainly wouldn't crash DCI shows and tromp around playing Gary Owen in the parking lot, and I doubt DCA or WGI will touch them with a 10-foot pole. Becoming a parade corps or SDCA isn't viable long-term either. Their recourse is for the Blenskis to get out completely or let their corps go down in flames out of spite or stubbornness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigW said:

They're taking their good old time about it. Counting on my fingers, they've pretty much had 4 months now from mid-August to now to find capable people, and I believe they're out there and that if they went to just about anyone decent and ethical for names, ones would easily be found and recommended that would likely be overqualified for the job. If I'm wrong on the time, kindly correct me. I DID count on my fingers. :doh:

I think if you look at the people who currently comprise the IBOD (not counting the 2 that have stepped down) there are competent people in place, and there are plenty of alums who have indicated a willingness to pitch in. The problem though is that they more or less know that it's "Roman's corps" and ultimately things will be done his way or not at all, so there is little they can do but wait for the Roman Empire to fall, one way or another.