Pioneer News From The Top – December 22nd

4 minutes ago, Galen said:

I think if you look at the people who currently comprise the IBOD (not counting the 2 that have stepped down) there are competent people in place, and there are plenty of alums who have indicated a willingness to pitch in. The problem though is that they more or less know that it's "Roman's corps" and ultimately things will be done his way or not at all, so there is little they can do but wait for the Roman Empire to fall, one way or another.

Well said. There has been a pattern of talented people wanting to get Pioneer to realize its potential and being held back time and time again. Why bother when one knows they'll be  obstructed? Sad.

30 minutes ago, BigW said:

Well said. There has been a pattern of talented people wanting to get Pioneer to realize its potential and being held back time and time again. Why bother when one knows they'll be  obstructed? Sad.

That's exactly why I haven't gotten involved with the "rebuild" efforts at all 

16 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Were they?

If I remember correctly, the only source that ever claimed reinstatement was contingent on Pioneer becoming a Blenski-free zone was you.  (Edit: upon searching, not even finding that much.)

Going back to DCI.org, there is this:

However, upon careful reading, it is unclear whether sentence 1 is part of the terms of suspension/reinstatement.  All it really says is that Pioneer was planning to make those changes - not that DCI was compelling them to.  

They have been yes. I'll paraphrase from a discussion had in early September:

appoint a new CEO

establish a new board of no less than 5 people that have never served in that role for Pioneer. no Blenskis, no Davis. It may not have been made publicly, but it has been made, and Pioneer continued to submit options that did not meet these terms.

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

Cannot DCI just tell them no competing in any shows in 19?  If they did, what recourse would Pioneer have?   It might be awful hard to pull off an IC Reverie's stunt.

Any corps with Blenskis involved would be welcomed......and in todays day and age, to be able to take an existing corps and turn it into a new corps would take the kind of time Pio doesn't have....especially given DCI would have to do the official review.

On 12/27/2018 at 11:24 AM, Jeff Ream said:

They don't get it. They won't be allowed to play in the sandbox in until the name Blenski is not involved in any way shape or form

The only way this gets worse is if Roman changes his last name to "Colosseum" in attempt to get around DCI's requirements. 

P.S. - special thanks to Chad "Ochosinco" Johnson 

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2018 at 10:41 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

Maybe RB needs a Babel fish to translate what DCI is telling him

And THIS is why I love the strong offseason posting group. Two Hitchhikers Guide references in a row and several people who actually got them. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

And THIS is why I love the strong offseason posting group. Two Hitchhikers Guide references in a row and several people who actually got them. 

Sister had two cats, one name Trillian(sp?) and other Chloe (Spike Jones reference). Yeah we ain’t right...

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sister had two cats, one name Trillian(sp?) and other Chloe (Spike Jones reference). Yeah we ain’t right...

Whenever I design training materials, I always slip in a customer named Zaphod Beeblebrox into the screenshots somewhere....and as many references to "42" as possible. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Make sure we focus on drum corps here, and not Life, the Universe and Everything.

• Haha 4