In The News – Opinion: Drum Corps In Oregon And Across The Nation Must Be More Vigilant

59 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

giphy.gif

Soylent Green tastes better with Cheez Wiz. Just sayin’ ....

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2018 at 1:27 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

I work with people employed by my agency and contractors so understand the difference. But if something gets screwed up we dont say " a contractor did that" like it excuses or lessens things.

Valid point. I think it very much varies by industry. In mine, I would generically say that we "police" the contractors a bit more and the fines are certainly heavier if they miss something that's laid out in the contract. We're pretty much hands off until something goes to #### and then I suddenly get 642 emails (probably because 641 people felt it necessary to hit "replay all.") But all liability is shared.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I work with people employed by my agency and contractors so understand the difference. But if something gets screwed up we dont say " a contractor did that" like it excuses or lessens things.

No it does not. My question is being a contractor to OC, can they sue him for damage to their brand? In-house employees are handled differently usually fired. Companies sue contracters for damage often.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 9:28 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

As if being a "contractor" makes any difference... still working for the corps

Those involved with the original Velvet Knights and their demise most certainly know the difference between Contractor and Employee!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Those involved with the original Velvet Knights and their demise most certainly know the difference between Contractor and Employee!

Interesting I know nothing about the VK situation. In this case, OC in their press releases referred to him as a contractor more than once. They claim his vetting came back clean. They used the term elephant in the room when it comes to vetting. Could it be the same elephant that Fred used? Why was he so clean, who was his personal references? How was OC alerted to his past?

His presence caused damage to the OC brand. The entire in-house staff walked out and his presence to put it lightly made the MM's and staff uncomfortable. OC enflamed the situation by thanking him. There transition to 2019 planning and recruiting was delayed. Members left for other corps (according to REDDIT). He caused the winter program to close. Real Damage!

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

No it does not. My question is being a contractor to OC, can they sue him for damage to their brand? In-house employees are handled differently usually fired. Companies sue contracters for damage often.

You know...that's a good question. I would think (danger Will Robinson....danger!!) that it would all depend on if "damage" could be categorically proven to be a direct result of that specific incident beyond a reasonable doubt, right? I think I've certainly heard of MANY more cases where an INDIVIDUALS reputation was damaged which could be far easier to prove.