23 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes but i am told fewer

The end of every OTHER phrase maybe lol

17 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

The end of every OTHER phrase maybe lol

don't tease

On 12/31/2018 at 1:13 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Unfortunately, until DCI (or something else) fixes the structural issues that have apparently allowed cho-mos posing as instructors to move between Corps without repercussions, there may not be a 2019 season.  What happens when school districts start denying Corps permission to use their facilities for overnight stays & or practice because they don't want the potential liability?  Apparently this already happened to some extent in the Allentown area in 2018 due to the Hopacolypse - with more Corps (Crossmen, OC) already called out by name, & more of the same lurking under the surface it appears (with good reason IMHO) that DCI's attempts to fix the issue have not worked - esp to the general public.

It is not a stretch of the imagination at all to imagine a local reporter somewhere on the tour writing story with headline 'Youth Musical Organization Headed by Individual who Knowingly Hired Convicted Child Molesters Staying at Local High School'

Where did you read corps cannot get housing ? I do not think this is true or accurate . 

12 minutes ago, 777hornman said:

Where did you read corps cannot get housing ? I do not think this is true or accurate . 

There were issues last yr at DCI East & for Cadets home show.  I can dig up the relevant posts but will have to wait until I can access a better computer

7 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There were issues last yr at DCI East & for Cadets home show.  I can dig up the relevant posts but will have to wait until I can access a better computer

When you dig it up you may find the issue was not what you infer.

Here is some positive meeting news from the Director Of Shadow it looks legit.

[–]ShadowDBC_RCA [score hidden] 38 minutes ago 

Hello! Female corps director here. If anyone ever needs help in terms of reporting at any time, I am here for you. There are plenty of women and male allies willing to help if we know what we need to help with. DCI seems ready to listen and to act, based on what I observed this past weekend.

[–]ShadowDBC_RCA [score hidden] 34 minutes ago 

Pioneer’s suspension and revocation of membership are an example of their desire to take action.

This weekend’s summit being based 100% around member safety, health, and wellness is an example of their desire to take action. I left there feeling amazing about the future of DCI.

Every DCI member corps is now required to have someone with some type of medical certification with them at all times. Those people are mandated reporters, further increasing member safety.

I am EXCITED that the ball is rolling. Help this change in our community gain momentum by supporting it!

22 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Buried in the show announcement is that 2019 is to be the last year as a Summer competition corps. 

9 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Buried in the show announcement is that 2019 is to be the last year as a Summer competition corps. 

Didn't notice, too bad