1 hour ago, Ediker said:

Corporations, churches, Boy Scouts, the film industry, and universities, are a few of the many types of organizations that have had to manage these problems.  It did not end them, and it's not going to end DCI.  Though there will be obstacles and missteps along the way.  

agreed. and anymore, silence at this time of the year from corps is the norm, so it is what it is

45 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

The corps depend so much on outside support to keep going be it show sites, housing sites, sponsorships, donations and band directors willing to direct members to corps. BSA has taken hits in membership for various reasons and not as stable as it used to be. The individual corps don’t have the deep pockets that your other examples to be able to ride out a long storm. And the tone deaf responses from DCI does not make it sound like this will be over soon.

But schools are going to see what DCI is doing to fix the issues going forward. They are not going to be calling for blood or accountability for past issues like we are here. 

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

But schools are going to see what DCI is doing to fix the issues going forward. They are not going to be calling for blood or accountability for past issues like we are here. 

Not saying they will be calling for blood. The ones that are in tune will be watching DCI to make sure that the schools butts are covered on the safety issues. All the schools will be doing is deciding which word they will use when asked for a site... the words are yes or no....

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not saying they will be calling for blood. The ones that are in tune will be watching DCI to make sure that the schools butts are covered on the safety issues. All the schools will be doing is deciding which word they will use when asked for a site... the words are yes or no....

providing no more major bomb shell articles come out, it'll slowly blow over. The biggest issues to date: Cadets, have shown they have their act together. Pioneer, well, doubt they'll be a concern for 2019. to me any worries would be OC, tho they continue to fly under the radar, Crossmen, tho again the stuff about Morrison seems to be flying under the radar, and Kilties. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

providing no more major bomb shell articles come out, it'll slowly blow over. The biggest issues to date: Cadets, have shown they have their act together. Pioneer, well, doubt they'll be a concern for 2019. to me any worries would be OC, tho they continue to fly under the radar, Crossmen, tho again the stuff about Morrison seems to be flying under the radar, and Kilties. 

My concern is the people who don’t want outside groups using “their” facilities and will use any example to try to kill corps use. The known examples may die down but someone might keep the clippings for a school board meeting. You know the kind of jack holes I’m talking about as you lived here too lol

i can see someone using this as an issue in a school board election. Current board leaves in a outside group that belongs to an activity with known predators. Elect me and I’ll keep them out. Have heard weirder issues brought up

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ediker said:

Corporations, churches, Boy Scouts, the film industry, and universities, are a few of the many types of organizations that have had to manage these problems.  It did not end them, and it's not going to end DCI.  Though there will be obstacles and missteps along the way.  

According to national news agencies, the BSoA is considering filing for bankruptcy.  It's already cost various dioceses of the Catholic Church tens of millions of dollars, and Google and Facebook have, according to news reports, paid millions of dollars in settlement money.  DCI does not have millions of dollars to spend getting themselves or their member corps out of trouble.

Folks, sorry but let's use this thread for the intended purpose -  if we can't do that, then we'll start moderating posts and closing threads.

Discuss actively and on topic in the appropriate threads, please.

your contributions and cooperation are all greatly appreciated!

thanks

Currently in the rhelm of DCI land there are:

Twelve drummers drummin'
Eleven Lords a leapin'
Ten ladies dancin'
Nine pipers pipin'
Eight maids milkin'
Seven swans a swimmin'
Six geese a layin'
Five golden rings!
Four calling birds
Three French hens