2019 Pioneer St. Patrick’s Day Parade

2 hours ago, Galen said:

I'm not going to speculate on that and I don't think it's really meaningful to discuss something like that in a public forum without proof to substantiate it. Frankly, I don't think there's a point to keeping this thread open or discussing Pioneer until the Januals roll around and DCI does whatever they're going to do, short of any significant developments before then.

i agree that speculating on Romans health is not worth discussing. However if the organization continues putting it's name out there for things, despite all of the issues facing them and their willingness to be blind to the realities surrounding it, discussing the organization is ok

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BigW said:

Perhaps not in title, but as long as he's involved on the BoD, he's the master puppeteer.

Scanned the website and only two names listed, interim CEO and interim board member. Contacts list the interim CEO phone and address and phones for the corps. The address is west Holt Avenue Milwaukee and looks like a house via google earth. *shrug*

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Scanned the website and only two names listed, interim CEO and interim board member. Contacts list the interim CEO phone and address and phones for the corps. The address is west Holt Avenue Milwaukee and looks like a house via google earth. *shrug*

Did the house have garden gnomes painted to look like leprechauns in the yard? :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Did the house have garden gnomes painted to look like leprechauns in the yard? :laugh:

wearing a distinct hat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Why is this thread in “World Class” discussions? 

Pioneer is still listed as a WC corps on the DCI site, and are still technically a WC corps.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:01 AM, Tim K said:

I agree with what you say, especially supporting other local corps. I am not sure where Pioneeer drew new recruits, but since kids travel all over, the Midwest has great choices. Madison and Blue Stars call Wisconsin home. I would think any young man who is planning on music education from Pioneer should consider Madison. I say this because Madison is rebuilding and being a part of this would be potentially exciting and witnessing it could teach valuable classroom skills. Blue Stars would push talented members, no question. For younger members, I hear rave reviews of Shadow from reliable Midwest friends who know drum corps and meeting kids from River City Rhythm from neighboring Minnesota  while standing in a concession line in Indy at a time the lines were long enough to learn a life story, convinced me not only that this is a corps to watch but that they offered a great experience. According to Mapquest it’s about a five hour trip, but it may be worth the journey.

Back in the fall when DCP beat this frog to death, a parade corps for 2019 was their only viable option we were correct. The shock and outrage now are because there was no clean break from RB. That we learned is difficult since his personal holdings and the corps holdings have been intermingled.

That's a discussion dci/corps BODs should or are having to not let individual and corps finances get all mucked up. Like the corps, BODs needs to look into the financial impact that severance packages could have on the yearly budget maybe purchase an annuity or other financial instruments that would absorb the cost over time. Not that I think YEA owes GH a dime but under other circumstances, a large severance payment takes some forethought and planning.

It would be reasonable to believe that dci will provide Pioneer with a list of requirements for their return. The lost of the lowest cost corps may eliminate some kids, other choices were there when they joined Pioneer I would suspect that it was the low cost that drove them there.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

7 hours ago, Bluzes said:

It would be reasonable to believe that dci will provide Pioneer with a list of requirements for their return. The lost of the lowest cost corps may eliminate some kids, other choices were there when they joined Pioneer I would suspect that it was the low cost that drove them there.

DCI did provide them a list of requirements, specifically to restructure the corps' leadership to exclude anyone named Blenski, to have better financial footing and to put other safeguards for member safety in place. Pioneer has shown that they are not able or willing to meet all of these requirements, and now DCI is going to have to decide whether to take harsher steps against them. As for the "loss of a low-cost drum corps", Pioneer's loss will be an opportunity for open class corps in the area to step in, fill the gap and recruit those members who will have to go elsewhere anyway. If I'm in charge of, say, Legends or Colt Cadets, I'd already be focusing my recruiting efforts in that region knowing that I'm likely about to have a big chunk of potential members who will need a corps to call home in the coming years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2