2019 Pioneer St. Patrick’s Day Parade

Low cost drum corps for who? No idea what dues are for top corps but check Pioneers SOPY page for what their dues are. Don’t look that low cost to me

41 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Low cost drum corps for who? No idea what dues are for top corps but check Pioneers SOPY page for what their dues are. Don’t look that low cost to me

I know back in the fall terms like bargain basement drum corp, lowest dues in World Class were commonplace did that change since then?

2 hours ago, Galen said:

DCI did provide them a list of requirements, specifically to restructure the corps' leadership to exclude anyone named Blenski,

It's confusing, they have been suspended then I read on here that it needs to become official at the meeting. Then there were discussions on whether Romans name appeared in any of the press releases specifically naming him. 

14 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

It's confusing, they have been suspended then I read on here that it needs to become official at the meeting. Then there were discussions on whether Romans name appeared in any of the press releases specifically naming him. 

I thought suspended for 2019 but DCI was to keep on eye on what happens to Pioneer as for the future. Maybe January meetings will including checking the latest changes (if any).

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Pioneer was formally suspended for 2019 in August by DCI and were given terms to meet to be reinstated in good standing after that point. Their future participating status may be decided at the Januals. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Because we do not have a separate forum for "DCI Suspended Corps Discussions", or "DCI About to be Permanently Thrown Out Corps Discussions".

Post of the year

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

It’s been official since August. And the terms required to change those terms were clearly laid out. The problem is the ones with the power refuse to cede that power

5 hours ago, Galen said:

DCI did provide them a list of requirements, specifically to restructure the corps' leadership to exclude anyone named Blenski, to have better financial footing and to put other safeguards for member safety in place. Pioneer has shown that they are not able or willing to meet all of these requirements, and now DCI is going to have to decide whether to take harsher steps against them. As for the "loss of a low-cost drum corps", Pioneer's loss will be an opportunity for open class corps in the area to step in, fill the gap and recruit those members who will have to go elsewhere anyway. If I'm in charge of, say, Legends or Colt Cadets, I'd already be focusing my recruiting efforts in that region knowing that I'm likely about to have a big chunk of potential members who will need a corps to call home in the coming years.

I wouldn’t call it a big chunk of members since it always seemed like Pio was scrambling to field a 100 member corps at the very minimum.  Also, I can’t imagine Legends drooling with the prospect of picking up members who had their hearts set on marching Pioneer. 

Since this is a St Patrick’s parade thread I’ll relay the following. There was a year when I saw Pioneer in the Milwaukee parade as just a drum line because they didn’t have enough recruits to fill out the brass section. In March! So no, I don’t think Pio will be leaving a regional recruiting void that Legends or Colt Cadets will be jumping on. 

5 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I wouldn’t call it a big chunk of members since it always seemed like Pio was scrambling to field a 100 member corps at the very minimum.  Also, I can’t imagine Legends drooling with the prospect of picking up members who had their hearts set on marching Pioneer. 

Since this is a St Patrick’s parade thread I’ll relay the following. There was a year when I saw Pioneer in the Milwaukee parade as just a drum line because they didn’t have enough recruits to fill out the brass section. In March! So no, I don’t think Pio will be leaving a regional recruiting void that Legends or Colt Cadets will be jumping on. 

I can imagine open class corps being happy to get members from anywhere. Let’s face it... it’s January. Pioneer is way behind the 8 ball for 2019 if they were able to tour.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Point well taken, but even if each of these corps would find say ten people that would be good upstanding teachable members that would otherwise be at Pio, it would be a win for them.

• Like 1