2019 Pioneer St. Patrick’s Day Parade

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

I wouldn’t call it a big chunk of members since it always seemed like Pio was scrambling to field a 100 member corps at the very minimum.  Also, I can’t imagine Legends drooling with the prospect of picking up members who had their hearts set on marching Pioneer. 

Since this is a St Patrick’s parade thread I’ll relay the following. There was a year when I saw Pioneer in the Milwaukee parade as just a drum line because they didn’t have enough recruits to fill out the brass section. In March! So no, I don’t think Pio will be leaving a regional recruiting void that Legends or Colt Cadets will be jumping on. 

Speaking of members didn't Pioneer brag up number of foreign members? So even less members for other area corps to pick up.

59 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Speaking of members didn't Pioneer brag up number of foreign members? So even less members for other area corps to pick up.

Yes, that was a hallmark of theirs. Roman has/had connections with a field band association in South Africa for a while and would get a few people from there each season. When I marched we also had a few people from Japan and I think the Netherlands as well.

• Thanks 1