Most Emotional/Hyped Performance You've Ever Seen?

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

It was very quiet KVG-DC.  But for a very quiet and emotional moment, that continued to build throughout the season, it might be the Scouts 2011 closer.  At least until the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke4PrkrNVjc

I’m one of those rare ancient pharts who likes today’s drum corps but all I want from Madison in 2019 is straight up drum corps like that clip. No bells and whistles. 

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

Cadets 2018 at Allentown..yes?

Certainly worthy of mentioning, and I may have said that leaving the show that night, but I sat pretty close to the field in Indy, close enough to see facial expressions, especially as I took a few shots, and the looks on their faces were priceless. For me it would be a toss up.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2019 at 12:18 PM, Galen said:

Seen live? Phantom Regiment 2008 on finals night. Nothing else I've seen comes anywhere close.

What I have always found interesting is that even with the crowd reaction on finals night Blue Devils still won overall GE.  Phantom won mainly because of the field percussion number which happened to drop every night.  3rd 19.5 quarters, 3rd 19.3 semis, 5th 19.0 finals........while their percussion ensemble number went up every night 5th 18.8 quarters, 5th 18.9 semis, and 5th 19.0 finals

Ensemble percussion numbers went higher each night and ordinal remained the same............Field percussion numbers dropped by increased margin each night and the ordinals changed by two placings on finals night.

Edited by dbg

7 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

Cadets 2018 at Allentown..yes?

i thought about this earlier...and yeah, I would agree. emotional on 10,000 levels. I don't think I'd ever seen an exorcism on the field until that performance

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, dbg said:

What I have always found interesting is that even with the crowd reaction on finals night Blue Devils still won overall GE.  Phantom won mainly because of the field percussion number which happened to drop every night.  3rd 19.5 quarters, 3rd 19.3 semis, 5th 19.0 finals........while their percussion ensemble number went up every night 5th 18.8 quarters, 5th 18.9 semis, and 5th 19.0 finals

Ensemble percussion numbers went higher each night and ordinal remained the same............Field percussion numbers dropped by increased margin each night and the ordinals changed by two placings on finals night.

emotion often has little to do with the scores.

wondered when someone would pick pr 08. it was magic. closest thing to pr was mad 88. most shows do not reach the level of pure emotional crowd reaction