Most Emotional/Hyped Performance You've Ever Seen?

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Cadets 2011 went 7 minutes before the opener stopped lol 

...and "2 lovers sat on a park bench..." seemed like it went on for 7 minutes :whistle::peek:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1996 Phantom Regiment

They pushed all year and their show at Finals show that year was just mind blowing. They were entrenched in a dogfight with the rest of the Top 5 and finished 4th at Quarters and third at Semis but were still more then a point back of BD heading into finals. They dropped one of the epic performances I've ever seen and pulled even while winning brass. The power and emotion out of that show IMO has been unmatched since.

Edited by DCIPhan78
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, DCIPhan78 said:

1996 Phantom Regiment

They pushed all year and their show at Finals show that year was just mind blowing. They were entrenched in a dogfight with BD for the top spot and knew that it was going to take a almost perfect show to put them in position to win. They turn that in and the crowd went absolutely out of their collective minds.

yeah forgot this one. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:01 PM, HockeyDad said:

I thought Troopers 1979 prelims performance was pretty electric. 

I have to second this. Maybe not the all-time most inspired performance, but they sure rocked Legion Field and everyone in that stadium felt it. And I've never been much of a Troopers fan.

• Like 1

A sleeper pick that comes to mind...

Racine Kilties, 1972 World Open finals.  1st place after finishing 3rd at prelims.

They were in the zone, big-time, at that show.  Cool program, ahead of its time... and a great performance. Only about 35-36 horns... but a wonderful controlled, disciplined sound.

Edited by Fran Haring

86 Devils  The crowd was going nuts at the conclusion of the show.

• Like 1

The1982 DCM Championship "tiebreaker" runoff between Phantom and Madison in 1982. (And, as a lifelong Hoosier, watching Star of Indiana take the field and perform competitively for the first time in Normal, Illinois - June of 1985). 

On 1/11/2019 at 7:58 AM, wallace said:

86 Devils  The crowd was going nuts at the conclusion of the show.

North Drums for the win!

Great topic!

My first live DCI show was 05 Pittsburgh and the top of the crop was really clean but I just wasn't feeling it emotionally.  So let me answer your question in a few ways.

-PR in general has been the gold standard for expressive/emotional shows but PR 08 at finals probably wasn't only the Pinnacle performance for them but I think it helped define today's DCI shows.

- My favorite thing about the bluecoats even before they won a medal is the way they convey expression and emotion in their show designs, given I generally attend their home show in Massillon. I'd like to throw an honorable mention on for the Boxer in 08. That was just moment in a show though. 

- I have to put in a word for BK 2014. The design itself brought a ton of emotion.

One of the most emotional moments I have witnessed live was Boston 2017 in Massillon. You could see the pride and achievement on those MMs faces and feel it. The crowd went wild!

My winner for live moments is 2012 Crown at Finals. The score might not say so (percussion) but that show won. the performance was eneretic, emotional, and it was really a moment of awe for me

• Like 1