Most Emotional/Hyped Performance You've Ever Seen?

44 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

My winner for live moments is 2012 Crown at Finals. The score might not say so (percussion) but that show won. the performance was eneretic, emotional, and it was really a moment of awe for me

I’ll go with the Crown 2012 but instead, semifinals.  When they moved from the back of the field in the ballad that moved into the big arc, I cried.  The brass line was that great.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

I don't think I saw a post about the 1999 Blue Devils performance in Concorde. The show was performed mid ballad to the end in complete darkness! The city lost power, and the crowd just went crazy! We were on our feet for the remainder of the performance. It was one of the better early season shows I've ever been to!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ll go with the Crown 2012 but instead, semifinals.  When they moved from the back of the field in the ballad that moved into the big arc, I cried.  The brass line was that great. 

that was a GREAT performance - I'd add the 2007 Cadets semifinals as well - often these Friday night performances are the bomb

I thought in 12 Crown took BD on Friday - but it wasn't meant to be...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DcFr3aK said:

I don't think I saw a post about the 1999 Blue Devils performance in Concorde. The show was performed mid ballad to the end in complete darkness! The city lost power, and the crowd just went crazy! We were on our feet for the remainder of the performance. It was one of the better early season shows I've ever been to!

I wasn't there - but now I wish I was!!!! Sounds so awesome.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DcFr3aK said:

Came to post this as well. In fact, '99 was a good year in general, such as Madison and SCV's final performances.

8 hours ago, DcFr3aK said:

This is incredible.

27th Lancers, 1980 DCI East Finals. What a night!

• Like 1

SCV 88 Finals... It was a great night for Drum Corps and SCVs performance was just magical. Also a hat tip to 2018 Cadets in Allentown. Something about that location and the convergence of events... they blew the house down. So glad I had a chance to see this moment live.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:43 PM, LabMaster said:

The most hyped holy #### show for me was 1975 CYO Nationals watching Madison and Muchachos.  Both were incredible.  Sorry for going so far back in the way back machine Mr. Peabody. That was pure excitement. BUT for a more emotional hype for me; it was BAC in Madison in 99, when they got into finals for the first time.

That show is legendary- prolly the only time anyone had a real threat to Madison's unbeaten streak that season.

• Like 2