Most Emotional/Hyped Performance You've Ever Seen?

10 hours ago, Sideways said:

SCV 1999 at finals...that was a completely different corps at finals compared to the rest of the season.

SCV quarters 97

Boston 2000 finals. top 5 first time, they started the live broadcast....in the East, the last time a crowd really did the Conquest grunts. Look at the video...end of the ballad...tears everywhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

I know someone who lived about two miles from the Manning Bowl who could not attend claim he could hear Madison from his house. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but it wouldn’t have surprised me either.

I’ll type again that MB made most horn lines louder.  The shape of the stadium and I believe the stands were closer to the field helped quite a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I remember that in College Park. 

My first DCI finals. Stayed on campus and entered the stadium around 1PM each day and never had to show my tickets because no one was on the gates.  As JR mentioned, the crowd was really pumped up after the break for Boston leading off the live TV broadcast.  Still have the great t-shirt the corps made with Waldo inside a TV holding a banner that said TOP 5.  Below the TV it said Prime Time Player.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

DCI Finals night 1991, Cotton Bowl, Dallas, TX. (I was there, perfect conditions).  Star of Indiana - "Roman Images" especially the George Zingali closer, Cross to Cross and the mad Mellos.  The crowd went nuts and I was just awed!  

https://www.dci.org/news/spotlight-of-the-week-1991-star-of-indiana-roman-images  the closer video included in the article.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Boston 2000 finals. top 5 first time, they started the live broadcast....in the East, the last time a crowd really did the Conquest grunts. Look at the video...end of the ballad...tears everywhere.

8 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I remember that in College Park. 

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

My first DCI finals. Stayed on campus and entered the stadium around 1PM each day and never had to show my tickets because no one was on the gates.  As JR mentioned, the crowd was really pumped up after the break for Boston leading off the live TV broadcast.  Still have the great t-shirt the corps made with Waldo inside a TV holding a banner that said TOP 5.  Below the TV it said Prime Time Player.

Yeah I was there too.  Finals night was pretty packed in and yet when they got to the corps singing in the ballad, you could have heard a pin drop.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

you could have heard a pin drop.  

It was very quiet KVG-DC.  But for a very quiet and emotional moment, that continued to build throughout the season, it might be the Scouts 2011 closer.  At least until the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke4PrkrNVjc

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1