finals 20-21

5 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

I enjoyed DCA finals at Annapolis. But, it was also super local for me and that may have factored into my enjoyment.I enjoyed DCA finals at Annapolis. But, it was also super local for me and that may have factored into my enjoyment.

i highly enjoyed Annapolis. roughly the same drive time for me

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I heard that one.... even Ball-mur beltway beats Lewisburg/Bucknell to 11-15 highway Labor Day Monday 

til 2024 or longer.

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

til 2024 or longer.

Laying bets on that “or longer”.... Just up that way the other weekend and the flashbacks kicked in 😫

9 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Laying bets on that “or longer”.... Just up that way the other weekend and the flashbacks kicked in 😫

the northern half of the Susquehanna Thruway is scheduled for 2022. the big bridge is coming along, and the interchange at 15 is moving ahead....probably at least a year til they start pouring concrete. After it gets to 61 is the hiccup....I believe they have had to adjust the route a few times due to environmental issues, so I see no signs of work down there yet probably until next year at the earliest. frustrating part is even when down to 61 is open, you still have to deal with Shamokin Dam on 11/15 to get to 61.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

the northern half of the Susquehanna Thruway is scheduled for 2022. the big bridge is coming along, and the interchange at 15 is moving ahead....probably at least a year til they start pouring concrete. After it gets to 61 is the hiccup....I believe they have had to adjust the route a few times due to environmental issues, so I see no signs of work down there yet probably until next year at the earliest. frustrating part is even when down to 61 is open, you still have to deal with Shamokin Dam on 11/15 to get to 61.

Couldn’t think of name Shamokin Dam but that’s the area I was posting about. Went to Knoebels other weekend and took “scenic” route on way up thru 11-15 and Sunbury. Thanks for the details as hadn’t checked for a while.

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Couldn’t think of name Shamokin Dam but that’s the area I was posting about. Went to Knoebels other weekend and took “scenic” route on way up thru 11-15 and Sunbury. Thanks for the details as hadn’t checked for a while.

family up there. way to familiar with it

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Brenda did the "Reading (accessing Rte. 183 north) to the Knoebels area and beyond into Danville" workaround last Labor Day weekend to avoid the whole 11-15 situation, en route to Williamsport. Smooth sailing, for the most part. 

But it's easy to get to the Reading area from where she lives... not the case for everyone. It also helps that Williamsport isn't the extra 1,000 miles to Rochester. OK... it only seems that way. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Brenda did the "Reading (accessing Rte. 183 north) to the Knoebels area and beyond into Danville" workaround last Labor Day weekend to avoid the whole 11-15 situation, en route to Williamsport. Smooth sailing, for the most part. 

But it's easy to get to the Reading area from where she lives... not the case for everyone. It also helps that Williamsport isn't the extra 1,000 miles to Rochester. OK... it only seems that way. :tongue:

no it's about 1000

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

no it's about 1000

It certainly felt that way on the drive home every year.  LOL.