Kidsgrove Scouts - DCI 2020

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

By Labor Day weekend, they've been scoring in the low 90s in DCA, which means perhaps 80 in DCI. By DCE championships in late September, they're probably performing at a level that would score mid to upper 80s in DCI.

Last year they stayed in the UK and did Les Miz check it out. They also have their championship in October. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

you cant compare. different sheets and scoring systems.

Sure you can, because Kidsgrove Scouts and The Company both came to the U.S. two years ago, the former appearing in DCA and the latter appearing in DCI -- and then they saw each other at DCE. It was the perfect opportunity to get a sense of DCI, DCA, and DCE numbers relate to one another. It's not perfect, no, but it's not meaningless either.

4 hours ago, Scatfish said:

Looking forward to seeing you all out there! Closer to the time we will announce further details on where you will be able to see us perform

Welcome back!! Always enjoyed you guys coming across the pond when I was with CV. I may have to make a trip to finals. 

Are they a junior corps age-wise that in the past chose to compete in DCA? Or are they "all-age" and have some older members that they will have to drop?

19 hours ago, Cainan said:

To be fair.. we don't get hung up on the numbers... that is completely out of our control. But like Jeff said, completely different scoring systems and panels... Here's our show from DCE Finals in 2018... we cracked a low 90 as I recall... Don't get me wrong.. we won't be coming to DCI just to make up the numbers... we will have a placement goal, but we will also make it a priority to entertain the hell out of you!

I wouldn't be surprised to see more All Age corps exploring this idea

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WarriorHal said:

Are they a junior corps age-wise that in the past chose to compete in DCA? Or are they "all-age" and have some older members that they will have to drop?

They are an all age corps similar to Jubal. It's a choice for international corps dci or DCA. Happy to see them at dci. They should compete in the open class it will be interesting to see where they end up. They have done well at DCA.

17 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Sure you can, because Kidsgrove Scouts and The Company both came to the U.S. two years ago, the former appearing in DCA and the latter appearing in DCI -- and then they saw each other at DCE. It was the perfect opportunity to get a sense of DCI, DCA, and DCE numbers relate to one another. It's not perfect, no, but it's not meaningless either.

3 totally different systems and tolerances. trying to assign a number is pointless.

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see more All Age corps exploring this idea

Thanks, Jeff this was the best 12 and a half minutes I spend all year. Am I remembering this correctly did the Kids Grove's DM win best drum major on one of their trips to DCA?

Edited by Bluzes

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Thanks, Jeff this was the best 12 and a half minutes I spend all year. Am I remembering this correctly did the Kids Grove's DM win best drum major on one of their trips to DCA?

may have. the last year they came in, while I didn't see them in person at finals, I did see them the week before....that run was rough, but man what growth in a week!