Kidsgrove Scouts - DCI 2020

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

They are an all age corps similar to Jubal. It's a choice for international corps dci or DCA. Happy to see them at dci. They should compete in the open class it will be interesting to see where they end up. They have done well at DCA.

Isn’t The Company all-age, too?  They were at DCI a couple of years ago. 

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Isn’t The Company all-age, too?  They were at DCI a couple of years ago.

Yes. As far as I know, they complete in open class but follow their own rules as far as age limit and show timing. Quite a few years ago there was an Asian Corps that were very entertaining but their show was 22 minutes long, they tired out the judges. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

may have. the last year they came in, while I didn't see them in person at finals, I did see them the week before....that run was rough, but man what growth in a week!

Think it was 2012 tried to look it up on DCX & DCA but best DM is not listed she is sure good enough. I did see where they made several trips to DCA and either came in 6th or 7th, not bad. 

31 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Think it was 2012 tried to look it up on DCX & DCA but best DM is not listed she is sure good enough. I did see where they made several trips to DCA and either came in 6th or 7th, not bad. 

i'm not looking up high DM. she is a great conductor, and made more than her fair share of American male fans. 

and honestly in 2012, they were hosed.

22 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

and honestly in 2012, they were hosed.

Well put was there in Annapolis was hooked after I heard them at the stage downtown. 

• Like 1

I'm glad you're all as excited as we are!

I can't spill too many beans so far but I can clear up a couple of things from my knowledge and understanding...don't quote on me for the truth though.

As far as I am aware we will be in the International Class and will compete against the Open Class Corps in Finals week. We will be judged on the same sheets as them and will receive a placing amongst them. The only thing we can not do is take the title but could take the placing up top, of course I'm an optimist to how well we'll do. 

Then we will join the rest of the Open Class Corps down in Indianapolis for the World Class Finals and same again will be on same sheets and will receive a placement.

However before all that we are going to be there for 2 weeks and we're in discussions with DCI about shows we can attend etc. Of course as soon as we're able to we'll share with you where you'll be able to come and see us as I appreciate not everyone will be able to make the journey over to Indy. Plus there might be opportunities for our DCA Fans, who we appreciate more than you can imagine to still come and see us when we're out there.

As for the question regarding the Drum Major title, our DM at the time Kerrie won it both in 2015 and 2017. However she is no longer with the corps, and this year we have a new Drum Major in place who has been with the corps many years and marched Madison for three years, he also happens to be my best mate so and I couldn't think of anyone more fitting for the role. He really does embody everything it is to be a Kidsgrove Scout.

@Bluzes - DCA at the Docks! Long story short, I remember getting to our hotel and having 30 minutes to get ready to leave for the performance and I ended up burning a hole into my bibbers! Luckily no one noticed and it was sorted for Prelims! But we really did love doing that performance....heres the video. 

Edited by Scatfish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scatfish said:

I'm glad you're all as excited as we are!

I can't spill too many beans so far but I can clear up a couple of things from my knowledge and understanding...don't quote on me for the truth though.

As far as I am aware we will be in the International Class and will compete against the Open Class Corps in Finals week. We will be judged on the same sheets as them and will receive a placing amongst them. The only thing we can not do is take the title but could take the placing up top, of course I'm an optimist to how well we'll do. 

Then we will join the rest of the Open Class Corps down in Indianapolis for the World Class Finals and same again will be on same sheets and will receive a placement.

However before all that we are going to be there for 2 weeks and we're in discussions with DCI about shows we can attend etc. Of course as soon as we're able to we'll share with you where you'll be able to come and see us as I appreciate not everyone will be able to make the journey over to Indy. Plus there might be opportunities for our DCA Fans, who we appreciate more than you can imagine to still come and see us when we're out there.

As for the question regarding the Drum Major title, our DM at the time Kerrie won it both in 2015 and 2017. However she is no longer with the corps, and this year we have a new Drum Major in place who has been with the corps many years and marched Madison for three years, he also happens to be my best mate so and I couldn't think of anyone more fitting for the role. He really does embody everything it is to be a Kidsgrove Scout.

@Bluzes - DCA at the Docks! Long story short, I remember getting to our hotel and having 30 minutes to get ready to leave for the performance and I ended up burning a hole into my bibbers! Luckily no one noticed and it was sorted for Prelims! But we really did love doing that performance....heres the video. 

I was there watching. 

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

3 totally different systems and tolerances. trying to assign a number is pointless.

And yet numbers were assigned.

Or better yet: it's just fun!

With BDB and SCVC staying home, Kidsgrove will presumably place higher than the Company and Jubal lately did.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:29 PM, WarriorHal said:

Are they a junior corps age-wise that in the past chose to compete in DCA? Or are they "all-age" and have some older members that they will have to drop?

We are straight up all age as that is the rules of both DCUK and DCE... In the International Class, DCI allows us to compete under the rules of our governing body... we also get to compete in Open Class and Prelims, although we cannot displace a DCI corps... In the event we should place in the top 12 (crazier things have happened) there would simply be 13 in finals... so no, we do not need to nor will we be dropping anybody.

• Like 3