Kidsgrove Scouts - DCI 2020

53 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

Considering three 2018 WC Semifinalists are not in the mix, Kidsgrove has a good chance to be the first overseas World Class Semifinalist corps.... or at least a much better chance without Vanguard Cadets, BDB, and Oregon Crusaders performing.

This assumes nothing changes in 2020. When I first read this I totally missed the 2020. Even called a friend told them they were coming this year, but it says 2020.

I don't think it's been said yet, but Beeches Performance Ensemble will also be coming over to the US as well so for the first time in many years, two international corps are hopping the pond to perform in DCI!

1 hour ago, Cascadia said:

I don't think it's been said yet, but Beeches Performance Ensemble will also be coming over to the US as well so for the first time in many years, two international corps are hopping the pond to perform in DCI!

In 2020 like Kidsgrove or in 2019?

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

In 2020 like Kidsgrove or in 2019?

In 2020 like Kidsgrove, it was mentioned at the very end of the DCI.org article

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2019 at 4:46 PM, Scatfish said:

I'm glad you're all as excited as we are!

I can't spill too many beans so far but I can clear up a couple of things from my knowledge and understanding...don't quote on me for the truth though.

As far as I am aware we will be in the International Class and will compete against the Open Class Corps in Finals week. We will be judged on the same sheets as them and will receive a placing amongst them. The only thing we can not do is take the title but could take the placing up top, of course I'm an optimist to how well we'll do. 

Then we will join the rest of the Open Class Corps down in Indianapolis for the World Class Finals and same again will be on same sheets and will receive a placement.

However before all that we are going to be there for 2 weeks and we're in discussions with DCI about shows we can attend etc. Of course as soon as we're able to we'll share with you where you'll be able to come and see us as I appreciate not everyone will be able to make the journey over to Indy. Plus there might be opportunities for our DCA Fans, who we appreciate more than you can imagine to still come and see us when we're out there.

As for the question regarding the Drum Major title, our DM at the time Kerrie won it both in 2015 and 2017. However she is no longer with the corps, and this year we have a new Drum Major in place who has been with the corps many years and marched Madison for three years, he also happens to be my best mate so and I couldn't think of anyone more fitting for the role. He really does embody everything it is to be a Kidsgrove Scout.

@Bluzes - DCA at the Docks! Long story short, I remember getting to our hotel and having 30 minutes to get ready to leave for the performance and I ended up burning a hole into my bibbers! Luckily no one noticed and it was sorted for Prelims! But we really did love doing that performance....heres the video. 

she quit??

that's it, I'm out.

😂

• Haha 1